Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Sims for IMAC practice...

Old 12-26-2005, 08:04 PM
flynm
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sims for IMAC practice...

Go to the website and click on the icon you want. Follow the directions and waa Laa!
Old 12-27-2005, 01:00 PM
STG
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sims for IMAC practice...

ORIGINAL: Kule Kanain

STG

Can you better explain what you gain by Sim speed % increase? While I agree that many of the planes for ALL of the Sims have to much !QUOT!float!QUOT!, I don't understand what Sim speed gains you. Does it make things faster so in real life things don't seem rushed? I find that many 3D figures are a timing thing - as a musician, rhythm is everything. Get out of sync on an eye-level high alpha roller and your brain has to really engage - sometimes getting in the way of your fingers. I would find a change in that timing disruptive. Perhaps you can convince me otherwise.

I agree with you that the timing is very important--though for me, it is different from plane to plane (at the field or sim). Sim speed and weight makes the 40%ers on the sim handle more like my 21 to 25% scale models. With the sim modified everything happens faster and the planes will start to snap and show some bad habits --wing rock ect. There is a narrower window in which you can 3D without getting out of shape. In all flying and especially in 3D it appears the the faster you can make a correction the less it has to be. It seems to me that by making the planes fly faster and more snappy on the sim it has increased my ability to make faster and so smaller corrections. I think of it as kind of resistance training.

When I first started to learn rolling harriers I turned the sim speed down to 30% and then slowly cranked it up as my fingers and brain got wired.--no I still don't have them down solid. Think I learned hovering this way as well.[&:]