Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Linkage Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 09:06 PM
mndless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Linkage Question

This may not be the place for this question... if so... sorry.

Have taken a break for a year or so and am now trying to put together another plane.

What are you using for linkage connections now?

A year or two back I was using a heavy duty black plastic connector on each moveable surface. If memory serves, the manufacturer retired and sold the product to dubro? , I think?? Seaching the dubro site, I found the swivel ball connector for the servo end, but not what I remember for the moveable surface end. Sorry, but my memory if failing me on names and labels....

So... if someone could direct me to what linkage is current for 30 to 40% planes... I'd be much appreciative.

Thanks in advance,

Tony
Old 01-17-2006, 09:18 PM
mndless

Default RE: Linkage Question

I found something very similar on the Horizon website.....

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByC...ProdID=HAN3614

Any other current solutions?
Old 01-18-2006, 02:35 PM
SitNFly
My Feedback: (54)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John Mitchell at http://www.aeroprotect.com/ handles hardware and other goodies for giant scale planes. I think you used to use Rocket City hardware. It is still being distributed by Nelson Hobbies but Aeroprotect carries all the sizes you will need if you don't want to go directly to Nelson.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:43 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

I've used the Hangar 9 stuff you've posted the link to, as well as the DuBro units and I'll post a link of those at Tower.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDCU2&P=ML

I like the actual connection of the Hangar 9 stuff a little better, but they are short and require special attention to getting the pivot point lined up with the hinge line. Usually you drill through the surface at an angle; i.e. 90 degrees to the top surface which leaves a bigger angle to deal with on the bottom.

The DuBro stuff is longer and can actually be trimmed to length and re-drilled where you want the hole, so drilling through perpendicular to the chord line can be done.

I've not used the Rocket City stuff since I'm new to this GS stuff, but I suspect I'll be looking at it somewhere down the line since I see so many references to it on these forums.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:40 PM
rcplanefan
My Feedback: (2)

Go with the Rocket City stuff from John at Aeroprotect. It is what 95% of all GS pilots flying IMAC use.

Ken
Old 01-19-2006, 09:19 PM
sjm
My Feedback: (8)

I prefer the Hangar 9 horns. They are exactly like the old Rocket City horns using a sleeve instead of a ball link like the ones Nelson and Aero sell. The ball link will make the clevis rotate on the screw and deflect when in a push motion.
Old 01-20-2006, 05:19 PM
RByrd
My Feedback: (3)

The linkage setup I'm using for my Carden Yak's is a direct drive system. The linkage is eliminated. No slope other than the servo itself.

Check it out at DurantDirectDrive.com. I will be posting pics next week with the system installed.

Rick

Team Futaba