Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

yak 54 plans

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 09:00 PM
stonyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yak 54 plans

hi does anyone know of plans for a yak 54 that are drawn to a size suitable for a os 1.20/1.60 2st?thanks
Old 05-07-2006, 10:35 PM
mmattockx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: yak 54 plans

ORIGINAL: stonyZ

hi does anyone know of plans for a yak 54 that are drawn to a size suitable for a os 1.20/1.60 2st?thanks
Look over in the scratch builder's forum

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3556941/tm.htm

Intertwined with the 50cc size build is a 120 sized one as well. It came out somewhat porky at 12lb+ with an MVVS 160 gas engine, but I have looked at the plans and there is significant weight to be removed from it if you sub a lot of balsa for lite ply and enlarge the lightening holes everywhere. Between that and using a 1.40-1.60 glow engine you should get well under 11lb, which would be fantastic with an OS 160 on it.

Mark
Old 05-08-2006, 09:32 PM
Brent G
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: yak 54 plans

My yak came in at just over 12 pounds. I am working on a built up version of the plane. My yak had all foam wing rudder and stab. I was running the mvvs 1.6 with their tuned pipe. The pipe and header setup from mvvs is kind of heavy around 12 oz. I am also running dual receiver batterie packs. There is considerable weight to be saved in the plane. The fuse is all 1/8" light ply. You could add more lightning holes to it but I don't think the weight savings would be all that sumstantial. The wing area is 1070 sq in. At 12 pounds the plane was a floater. At 11 pounds it will be real nice. I am in the process of installing a brison 2.4
It should weigh about the same as the 1.6 with the tuned pipe. The mvvs had enough power to hover but just barely pull out. 11 pounds with a 1.6 glow or a 1.6 to 2.4 gas would be an ideal set up.

Brent