IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Simulators

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2002, 03:14 PM
dxe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simulators

Hey

is anyone out there using RealFlight for anything other than a video game?? I would love to find someone who has configured it to fly like a large IMAC type plane and is doing anything with it (NO 3D).. I just want to be able to practice sequence elements in various wind conditions.....
Old 12-28-2002, 11:20 PM
EXCAP232
My Feedback: (12)

Default RealFlight for sequences

Dan,
Go to the site and download the CAP 2X which will work for sequence practice if not on high rates. Good to see you on here.
EXCAP232
Old 12-29-2002, 12:45 AM
Jemo
My Feedback: (5)

Default Simulators

I will have to try that one myself. I just don't use G2 much because nothing seems realistic enough.
Old 12-29-2002, 02:28 AM
OnTheEdge

Default Simulators

I find it tough to practice sequences due to the view. When looking at a computer screen, you do not have the periferal view or depth perception. You also don't have a good indication of how high off the ground you are. You can start a maneuver at say 100 ft straight and level but really can't be sure if you pull out at the bottom at 100ft. You can put up a display window to show altitude but then you have to take you eye off the plane.

It is a good way for a begining IMACer (like me) to practice rolling circles as well as some 3D. It is also helpful to just fly the sequences to help memorize the order.

You can also change the wind patterns and it is helpful (especially for beginners) to learn rudder corrections.

I believe GP is working on a G3 version with more emphasis on giant scale. Have to wait and see.

..............Mark
Old 12-29-2002, 03:57 PM
rusgmil
My Feedback: (1)

Default G2

Try using "look at ground". I assigned it to the "0" key so I can toggle it on and off. This will always keep the horizon in view. It helps to enlarge the model a little using this feature. G2 is great for practicing the sequence, saves a lot of time at the field.
Old 12-29-2002, 04:35 PM
OnTheEdge

Default Re: G2

Originally posted by rusgmil
Try using "look at ground". I assigned it to the "0" key so I can toggle it on and off. This will always keep the horizon in view.
I'll definitely give this a try. Thanks..........Mark
Old 01-13-2003, 03:28 PM
ramrod
My Feedback: (43)

Default G2 for practice

Hey Dan, how are ya ? Good here. Chris got G2 for Christmas and we are having a blast with it in many ways. Chris made up several larger planes (Edge, extra,Ultimate,P-51) to practice IMAC and 3D with. granted it is not super realistic but it does help a lot to learn the routines and great for 3D practice !! I have learned a lot from it so far and it is a lot of FUN for sure. Chris learned the complete new Intermediate routine in about an hour and is helping me learn it now. We have a real blast making a recording and then flying with it during playback - what a HOOT !! Give it a try Dan - you may like it !! Happy New Year to you & all !!!!!!!!
PS, to help with the viewing problem I just back up a few clicks with the F3 key - it helps me a lot. I hate the groung view option because it keeps going in and out all the time. Have FUN !!
Rod & Chris
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	47030_800.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	27118  
Old 01-13-2003, 08:27 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Simulators

I've used G2 to try some precision aerobatics. It may help a little for orientation or to try torque rolling but I find it useless to practice with, since the perspective is much different in real life.
Old 01-16-2003, 08:06 AM
3Dfalcon

Default Simulators

I practice alot with G2 and like RC setup is everything.
Do this. Use the extra 330 on add ons 3. It flys most like my 35% planes. Now increase the visual scale a bunch. I like 6-8 times and this slows the plane down a bit too. Now trim the plane out with your computer radio and use all your mixes especialy rudder to elevator to get it fling nice and straight.
Now this is the key to practicing sequences,this is why the plane is so big,is to turn on" look at ground" on views. Now you can see the ground the whole time and the plane is big enough to see on a fair upline. Just showed this to some friends that didnt like G2 for practice because you would lose orientaiton. They love it now. See if this helps
Dave
Old 01-16-2003, 03:54 PM
ramrod

Default G2 for practice

Thanks Dave , good info. We are doing pretty much the same with good results. Having FUN !! Rod & Chris

Name:	47769_800.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	27119  
Old 01-16-2003, 03:59 PM
Jemo
My Feedback: (5)

Default Simulators

ramrod

Geeze, get those kids off the field..................
Old 01-16-2003, 04:12 PM
ramrod

Default G2

Ya Jemo, forgot to get em crash helmets ! Have FUN , Rod & Chris

Name:	47777_800.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	27120  
Old 01-17-2003, 03:25 AM
Tim Redelman
My Feedback: (36)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Simulators

What would you say is the most realistic tourque rolling airplane on the g2 or downloadable site?

Tim
Old 01-18-2003, 01:59 AM
Cincinnati Joe

Default Simulators

Hi Dan. I agree with the other guys - it's all in the setup. I took the Cap232 in the #2 add ons, and stretched it to IMAC size, put a bigger engine in it, tweaked the size and travel of the control surfaces, and made it fly VERY MUCH like my IMAC plane. As for the wind, it doesn't take much more than 2 MPH in G2 to make a difference. If you can hover or torque roll in 2 MPH with gusts to 4MPH, you are one good pilot.

More importantly, by changing thrustlines, CG, moments, areas and travels, you can gain some incredible insights into design and how each variable affects the flight of the craft!

Personally, I like the "desert" type of airport, with just enough stuff in the far background to provide a vertical reference. Ground view works great too! Just keep plugging away - don't look for instant gratification...
Old 01-21-2003, 06:39 AM
3Dfalcon

Default Simulators

Download the CAP232TOC from the realflight website.
This plane t/rs great and will teach you how to make the right inputs.
Old 01-26-2003, 08:11 PM
Surfer Dude

Default Simulators

Try the ZN Extra 330 Down load from Aero3d.net. I like Both models Let me know what you think.
Chris
Old 03-02-2003, 11:31 PM
hovermaster
My Feedback: (2)

Default Simulators

hey guys, we use the Ultimate3D PERSO found on the real flight website. This plane works really good although it is a little unrealistic in someways but it is a very good plane to practice hovering and tr'in. Try it, it flies like magic.

Chris
Old 03-03-2003, 03:20 PM
Barland

Default Assigning Keys

A few posts back "rusgmil" mention assigning a key for the Look at Ground view so he can toggle in and out of it. How is this done, I have G2 Lite can it only be done in the full version???