Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

plane rules

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 02:30 PM
crashhappy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plane rules

what rule are on the plane for basic. ive looked at the imac site on rules said something about same as ama,
what i want to know is any thing other than having an air worthy plane.
hinges, kil switch (do you have an ignition kill with the radio) all i have is throttle kill.
have robort hinges now.

Old 07-03-2006, 08:42 PM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: plane rules

For Basic IMAC......

Any plane will do. Can be glow/gas/eletric.

Can be small/medium large

Can be an aerobat, trainer, pattern plane, warbird etc.

The only thing you need to remember is time.......You have to fly the sequence twice, and are supposed to takeoff during the last 2 manuevers of the person before you.....this puts you in the air for approx 10mins. So conserve fuel if your tank is small

Planes that have advantage (in no particular order).......cap/giles/extra/edge/yak/sukhoi. These tend to present the manuevers the best.

Once you move out of basic.......look to have a 50cc or larger plane (most fly 35% or 40% planes). And your plane must meet the 10% scale rule of an airplane that could fly full scale competitons.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:38 PM
crashhappy

ive got a GP patty wagstaff 1/4 scale with a DA50r & 24oz fuel tank so fuel consumption not so much an issue. only have 5 weeks to get ready for a contest. first time ever. want to give it a shot. been hotdog flying for awhile. thought i would give imac a try. if i susk at it O well. just want to get out & meet new people & talk shop.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:54 AM
majortom-RCU
My Feedback: (40)

That's a good attitude. The main thing is to get out and practice, mainly aim not to embarass yourself, but get out and mix with the guys, see what they're flying and how they fly, ask questions, pick up lots of pointers.

Robart hinges are fine. If you have a gas engine, an ignition switch is an important safety feature, and with five weeks I think I'd work one in if you don't have it already. Starting a gasser without ignition switch can be dicey. Most important is to try to find yourself a caller and get out to practice your routine at least a couple times a week.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:27 AM
Silent-AV8R

Here are a couple of resources for you:

http://www.scaleaerobatics.org/judge.html

This one has good info on what the judge's will be looking for. Also note that there are no "IMAC" rules. The AMA rules and the IMAC rules are one and the same. The section of the AMA rules that apply to IMAC are the scale aerobatics section.

Here's another page with inf on the Aresti system. Take a look at the Aresti Made Simple article and the Aresti Dictionary:

http://www.scaleaerobatics.org/aresti.html

Also - one change from the rules is that the "Positioning Score" that is mentioned in the rules is not used any more and will be dropped in 2007.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:29 AM
jongurley
My Feedback: (29)

I am the same way, I have been flying 3d etc,etc, and want to give IMAC a try, so far I have been enjoying practicing, way harder than I thought it would be, I like the challenge,
Old 07-04-2006, 07:58 PM
crashhappy

went to our club today to practice, only one there so i flew 1st 5 of the basic for 1 tank. then flew the last 5 for 1 tank. then put thim together. lot harder than it looks man i was right im gonna suck LOL. hardest part is remembering what comes next. i hope im not the only at the club this weekend i need a caller
Old 07-04-2006, 11:33 PM
majortom-RCU
My Feedback: (40)

One good way to at least learn the schedule of maneuvers is to make yourself a simple stick plane--a few pieces of balsa glued to a 15" length of dowel will do, or you can spend some of your excess cash to get a real spiffy commercial product. Anyway, get something that loosely resembles an aerobat, on a dowel that you can turn with your fingers to simulate a roll, and fly it through the maneuvers with the call card in front of you. This helps you visualize the sequence, and in a few days you should have it down pat.