Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

IMAA legal Aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 08:58 PM
skillet92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IMAA legal Aircraft?

What excactly does that mean? What is an Imaa legal Aircraft???? My club is having a fly in in october and the form says that only IMAA planes are allowed. I have a H9 Corsair, H9 Pulse and a PTS P51, do i have to have something special?

Old 07-14-2006, 09:24 PM
LANNYBOB

Default RE: IMAA legal Aircraft?

aicraft with a minimum of eighty inch wing span and 60 inches on multi wing aircraft.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:57 PM
rcblimppro

Or it has to be 1/4 scale If I am not correct. The Midwest G-202 was leagal with a span of 72" because it is 27%.

Shawn
Old 07-15-2006, 06:28 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

straight from the IMAA website:

The concept of large or giant scale is generally considered to apply to radio controlled model aircraft with minimum wingspans of eighty (80) inches for monoplanes and sixty (60) inches for multi-wing aircraft. Ducted Fan aircraft with one hundred forty (140) inches combined length and width, measured from wing tip to wing tip at the widest point perpendicular to the fuselage and added to the length of the fuselage, excluding any protrusions. Quarter (1/4) scale replica's or larger with proper documentation (minimum 3 view drawing of an actual person carrying aircraft) which do not fit the size requirements will be permitted. However, the concept does not encompass radio controlled model aircraft so large as to have the potential of carrying a human being.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:12 PM
Diablo-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: skillet92

What excactly does that mean? What is an Imaa legal Aircraft???? My club is having a fly in in october and the form says that only IMAA planes are allowed. I have a H9 Corsair, H9 Pulse and a PTS P51, do i have to have something special?

The most important thing when flying at an IMAA event is to fly in a big rectangle. You don't want to embarass the other flyers by showing them you can do a roll or a loop or any other advanced aerobatic maneuvers......
Old 07-15-2006, 09:36 PM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny
Old 07-17-2006, 04:48 PM
v-snap
My Feedback: (18)

Gee if you were good DIABLO you could do this while flying in a big rectangle...The better pilots even get multiple sets of these maneuvers done in one single circut..