Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

9th Annual CAPI IMAC Results

Old 08-27-2006, 07:13 PM
DMichael
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9th Annual CAPI IMAC Results

Another year of the CAPI is in the books. We had great weather all weekend long from the time people started showing up on Friday morning right through the end of the contest this afternoon. With 19 contestants, turnout was down significantly from prior years but the level of flying across all classes was very high. Having held the contest for a number of years now, I can see that the quality of flying is at an all time high.

We were able to get in three rounds of knowns on Saturday, an unknown and another round of knowns in today and be done around 1:30. A total of 8 scored known sequences and an unknown for everyone (Basic flew their known as and unknown so it wouldn't drop).
Basic

Basic
Edwin Santiago overcame a couple of deadsticks (apparently throttle curves on condition don't carry over to other conditions on the heli version of a 10X!) to take Sportsman over Brad Smith and Gary Foveaux

Edwin Santiago 7000
Brad Smith 6457.68
Gary Foveaux 5536.08

Sportsman
Tony Gorgone flew steady and posted good scores all weekend to hold off Scott Shoemaker who overcame first round issues and closed the gap each round until the end- but it was not enough to overtake Tony for the win.

Tony Gorgone 6925.82
Scott Shoemaker 6868.08

Intermediate
Igor Spektor took the lead early and was never seriously challanged for the lead after that. Kurt Klingebiel flew smooth and steady and overtook Ruben Koene for second place after the last round. Brad Lorance flew back from Afganistan for the contest, borrowed Mike Brown's big C-ARF Yak and came in behind Ruben. He wins the prize for longest distance traveled! Mike Brown experienced equipment difficulties (I'm sure he wonders why it worked OK for Brad and not for him!) resulting in at least two sequences with no scores and at least one other sequence that had to be aborted. In the end it was just too much to overcome to get on the podium.

Igor Spector 6978.14
Kurt Klingebiel 6711.43
Ruben Koene 6486.79

Advanced
While all the Advanced contestants flew great, Albert Santiago continued his destruction of the Advanced class in the region and was never challenged. I'm not looking forward to seeing him in Unlimited but I bet the Advanced guys won't miss him! Brian Foveaux and Pete Castine locked into a battle for 2nd all weekend and it came right down to the end to see who would get it. Brian pulled it out by only 17 points. John Morisi flew his big Radiocraft Extra well to come in after Pete and Troy Wallace (dnf) came in after John.

Albert Santiago 7000
Brian Foveaux 6028.93
Pete Castine 6011.18

Unlimited
For those of you who don't think that it's not important to get 10's on sound, think again. Ty Lyman, Jon Leyland and Paul Sandys locked into a battle all weekend and from top to bottom were never more than 60 points apart. In the end only 3 points out of almost 7000 seperated first from second and 32 points seperated first from third. We're talking a few points of difference in score on a single manuever seperating first from third here. I took some time to watch their flights and it was really impressive to watch. In the end, Jon Leyland was able to retake the lead on the 4th and final round of knowns after Paul Sandys had taken the lead from Jon on Sunday morning's unknown and Ty Lyman just missed catching these guys.

Jon Leyland 6936.69
Paul Sandys 6933.95
Ty Lyman 6904.40

Thanks to all who made the trip. It was a great time as usual and we are already making plans for next year's 10th anniversary contest. We'd love to have you come join us!

Dave Michael
Contest Director
Old 09-07-2006, 04:34 PM
DMichael
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 9th Annual CAPI IMAC Results

For all placewinners at the CAPI IMAC last month, I received the shirts from
Wayne at Sew Busy today and I'll be bringing them to the Delaware Water Gap
Aerobatics Challenge this weekend. For those traveling to the contest, you
can pack one less shirt.

A big thanks to Wayne at Sew Busy. As usual, the shirts look great, he was
a pleasure to deal with and the turnaround time was quick. I recommend
using Wayne whenever you have the need for clothing, hats, promotional
items, etc.. He's at www.sewbusy.com

We are starting planning for next year's contest and it will almost
certainly be the last weekend in August again so please pencil it in your
calendar and look for the official notice soon.

Attached are a couple of pictures of one of the shirts.

Dave Michael
CD, 9th Annual CAPI IMAC
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41667.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	520589   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44401.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	520590