IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Want to try flying imac no clue where to start

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 07:09 PM
3Dacap
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to try flying imac no clue where to start

Hey guys i have been flying planes since i was 10 years old and now that im 21 i wana start doing some competition stuff. Right now im flying a hanger 9 33% cap 232 with a da-100 and i can do all the 3-d stuff nice and clean and can do nice snaps and what not. I have been looking at the aresti's and the sequences. Just wonder if any one from new york area flys imac and would kina tell me what to do and where to start and what not. Is there any up coming imac competitions around? Maybe i can watch? HELPPPPPP WHAT TO DOOOO0OoOoOoO
Old 09-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Gary Powers

Default RE: Want to try flying imac no clue where to start

Couple of sites to visit:

www.mini-iac.com is the IMAC site .... and
www.teamflyingcirkus.com ...

On the later you will find a bunch of information from Dean Bird. Really good stuff if you are just starting in IMAC. He may also have some information on this board, but I am not sure.

Gary
Old 09-05-2006, 08:47 PM
DMichael
My Feedback: (5)

There is an IMAC contest this weekend near East Stroudsburg, PA. That's about 2 1/2 hours from you. There was a contest at the Floyd Bennett field about a month ago and there are some guys who are active in IMAC in that club. I'll send you a PM with one of their e-mail addresses.

I know it's a haul to come and watch but it is a great way to get your feet wet. See the IMAC site, NE Region, contest schedule for information on this weekend's contest. I'll be there. Here's a picture of my Extra that I'll have at the contest- come look me up if you end up coming out.

Dave Michael
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42637.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	519631  
Old 09-05-2006, 08:52 PM
3Dacap

Kool guys thanks i think ill take a ride there this week end it looks like a plan i hope the weather hold out ill look for you and your plane when i get there ill talk to a few people and find otu who the imac guy are that fly there thanks man hope to see you there and that web site was GREAT. thanksssss i can use as much help as i can get
Old 09-06-2006, 09:06 PM
Redneck Shaun
My Feedback: (1)

Well, If it's like it is up there like it is down here in Texas, all you will have to do is go to a IMAC event and ask for help. There will be tons of people pouring over you, to help you get in to it. I just flew my first IMAC this weekend and I couldn't believe all the help I was getting from EVERYONE out there..Great people!!
Redneck
Old 09-06-2006, 11:48 PM
3Dacap

Thats kool man thanks. How was it? was it harder then you thought? How did u place?
Old 09-07-2006, 12:02 AM
Redneck Shaun

It was a blast. Good thing I was wearing a transmiter strap though. I was shaking so bad the first round I thought I was going to drop the TX. LOL... I really started enjoying it after the first round. Some things are were harder then I thought they would be. Flying in front of people judging me was one. Controling the tail of the plane on the uplines and down lines was another.I didn't get to put the whole routene together until the first round of the contest. I came in 8th of 12 people. I'm real happy with that. Next year I'll get a jump on the game, and get some practice in early. One word of advise though.......Don't try it unless you have the time to put in it. It VERY addicting!!!!!!
Good Luck
Redneck
Old 09-07-2006, 12:06 AM
3Dacap

thats kool man what kind of plane were your flying? what is every one else flying?
Old 09-08-2006, 05:09 AM
Redneck Shaun

I was flying my Wild Hare extra 300. You will see all types of planes out there but the extra300, 260,Yak are very common. Fly what you have and see if IMAC is is for you.
RS
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25939.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	520902  
Old 09-10-2006, 09:29 PM
DMichael
My Feedback: (5)

3D- Did you make it out to the contest?

Dave
Old 09-11-2006, 12:06 AM
3Dacap

no i couldnt unfortunitly i wanted to so bad. Im def going to the next one
Old 10-13-2006, 02:35 PM
weswalton
My Feedback: (10)

This 3Dacap is a theif!!! I have given him more than 2 months to send the plane. My 12 yr old son traded him his Magnum 1.80 engine for his U-Can-Do and he stole my son's engine. It looks like he is scamming by trading and taking your item and never sending the swap. I have his phone number and address, I will report it to his local police. If you want his info, let me know.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:57 PM
Flip and Fly

I have a question for you guys,

I have never been to a IMAC competition, and each year I have the desire to get out and give it a try but not the time.

So this year I have been practicing the Intermediate program and I have got it down pretty good.
My question is how far out from the runway do you fly. Some one at my club who has flow in competiton before told me that I need to be about 500 ft out, at least, and that I am flying to close. Just wondering what is the distance out from the runway.

Thanks.