Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Advice please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 02:29 PM
xtraflier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice please!!!

I am looking for my next aircraft. I was thinking of buying a QQ Yak 54 either a 102" or new 86". However they are becoming really popular (i know its a good sign when they are popular) but i fancy something a bit different. I was thinking of a 'Wild Hare Giles 202'. Has anyone flown this aeroplane or experience of the 'Wild Hare' kits.

Cheers Phil.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:57 PM
texomalaser
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Advice please!!!

Hey Phil. I have had 2 of them and they are great planes for IMAC. They fly like they are on rails. They do pretty well in 3D mode but they are not the best 3D machine. Im not saying that they wont. Becasue they will. But they really shine in precision. The kits are built really well and look great. Very scale also. I have used a ZDZ80 RV and the Super 80 on both planes. PLENTY OF POWER!!. Its a perfect combination. And you just cant beat the price for such a quality plane. There is just nothing I can say bad about this plane especcially for IMAC.
Another option is the new Sukhoi WIld Hare is coming out with in a few months. There is a post on it in the Wild Hare support forum. It will be my next plane as I retire the plane Im flying now.
As far as the Wild Hare kits go and the quality, support Tom has them beat Hands down. I notice you are in the UK. Have you called Tom at Wild Hare to see if he has any of the Giles? Becasue he was talking about the last production run on them. I know about 6 months ago he had a few but you may want to call him and ask. I will be talikng to him and Ill ask if you want me to save you a LOOONG distance phone call. Anyquestions you may have on the Giles feel free to holler at me...Good luck in your decision.