New Plane suggestions

Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

New Plane suggestions

Old 10-10-2006, 07:12 AM
damob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Plane suggestions

I have a Matt Chapman Cap 40 with Saito 72 (14x4W) and a WM Extra 330 60 - 90 with Saito 125 (16x4W)

I fly the cap most often due to being smaller and being more confident flying it. The Extra flies a bit better requiring less correction inverted and when in knife edge flight. But I am looking for some thing that flies better.

I fly the Katana models on the SIM (Reflex XTR), and they fly much more to my liking, hands off inverted, no coupling with knife edge, and better power for knife edge loops and vertical climbing.
Both the planes (Cap and Extra) I have, have quite heavy wing loading.
My priority is for a plane that will fly Pattern or IMAC type sequences with little correction as far as chasing bad characteristics are concerned. But I would like to learn to hover and harrier (and may be other 3D moves) so would like the plane to be not limited to Pattern flying.

What do you recommend ?
I have been looking at the Fliton Extra, it is quite light, I would need a new engine as the ones I have are not really the best choice for it. I would like to budget for around $1200, cheaper is better but would spend a little more if it meant getting a much better flying plane.

Do you feel the Fliton will suit what I want ? or am I going to be no better of than what I already have. Do you think its a trimming set up issue I am having and buying a new plane is not the best answer ?
Can you recommend a plane that would better suit my goals with in the budge I have advised ? I can use the engines I have if it will help save on costs.

Looking faward to your opinions
Cheers
Damian
Old 10-11-2006, 09:55 PM
budgetdude
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: New Plane suggestions

I saw a cat in chicago flying a funtana 90 in basic with a evo 1.00. Seemed like a decent combo, might be better with you 125.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:38 AM
damob

Thanks for the suggestion.
I'm going to build the fliton and see how it goes.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:48 PM
3D Joy

I have seen a Fliton fly this summer and it was very good IMO. It was the best plane I have seen at this size. Put good servos and it will fly as good as bigger planes, appart from being way faster.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:48 AM
imfly123

ooooh...fliton extra freestyle.... wise choice. i have 200+ flights on mine with the axi 4130/16 setup (dual elevators in tail) and it is my favorite plane. busted up the cowl a few times and the fliton guys are a pleasure to deal with too... good buy.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:04 PM
les40
My Feedback: (1)

If you want to compete I recommend going as big and you are willing to spend or can afford. If you want to stay glow I recommend a Goldberg Sukhoi SU-26MX or similiar with a Saito 180 or a Quique Yak 54 73" with a Saito 180 or bigger. If you want to fly like the "big boys" you need the power to weight ratio the big boys have.