Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

contest entry fee too high

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Silent-AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: contest entry fee too high

A thought just occurred to me. Since $35 has been the average more or less for many IMAC contests $50 is only a $15 increase over that. So we are not talking about $50, but rather only $15. Amazing.

And Mr. A320 Driver - You have learned well Grasshopper. I am impressed with your skills. Use them wisely and only for good!!
Old 02-12-2007, 12:37 PM
badarkstar
My Feedback: (28)

Ok, someone can't afford $50.00 for an entry fee for an IMAC contest. I want to see the aircraft this person flies at the contest. 90 % of the IMAC contestants are flying planes that cost at least 1500.00, and most are flying planes that cost at least $2500.00, and quite a few if not most are in the $4000 to $7000.00 range. Take one of your 8611's off the rudder, you only need 3 and not four, sell the 8611 to me for $50.00, and there you have your entry, problem solved. Any body need any other problems solved, let me know : )

Or........ call up Tony Holden, offer to run the Cactus Classic in 2008, show him how to do it on a "reasonable" entry fee. I am sure he could put all of that extra time he would have to good use, not putting on one of the best IMAC Contests in the country. : )

Bill Adams
Old 02-12-2007, 12:53 PM
rcalbuquerque
My Feedback: (171)

After it's all said and done and the contest is over...everyone walked away with at least $50 worth of merchandise that was given away and some much much more. I had a great time. My thanks to evereyone for a well run event. Lou Silva
Old 02-12-2007, 04:12 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Lou, I am glad you had a good time. I think people were suprised by how much we gave away. Over half of the entry fee went back into prizes and trophies. We hope everyone had fun.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:06 PM
as722
My Feedback: (1)

For the most part getting a flying field for a weekend contest once a year is next to impossible because people don't want to give up a weekend specially in the north east since we alreasdy have a limited flying season. By the time you pay for trophies and anything else involved with a contest you're only left with a couple of hundred dollars which usually goes to the hosting club to make them happy so that next year it can all happen again. The truth is that it is an expensive hobby but I love every minute of it.

Albert
Old 02-12-2007, 08:06 PM
BobPhx

Things that cost $50:
- Movies for me, the wife and kids
- 3 gallons of glow fuel
- Haircut and whatever the h*ll else goes on in those salon places where my wife goes
- 2 Nimh battery packs for my IMAC plane
- Nice dinner for me and the wife. Not including wine
- Generic pair of track shoes for my son. On sale
- 2 40# bags of dog food

..and on and on and on.

Nowhere else can I go spend $50, be entertained for two full days, fed lunch, come home with $50 worth of raffle prices (THANK YOU INSANE FOAMIES) enjoy the company of a bunch of like-minded folks, and pursue one of my favorite activities.

Tony, Tony, Anna, Wally, Dean, and at least a dozen other people volunteered a LOT of time to put on the Classic, and it went flawlessly as near as I could tell. A bargain at twice the price.

Regards
Bob

Old 02-12-2007, 08:40 PM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets see.....

Spent $50 on Entry......Flew twice on Saturday and twice on Sunday. Meet up with old friends, B.S. with more friends.

Got a $250 GC from Fromeco...........All I can say is Thanks