Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

TOC Yak 54 80cc

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Have Planes Will Travel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TOC Yak 54 80cc

I need some Input. I have a TOC Yak with a ZDZ Super 80. Brand new, and flown it's maiden flight Yesterday. I have been flying a long time, yet this one is new to me. If anyone could give me suggestions on the following issues, I would greatly appreciate it.
I fly IMAC, and do not fly any 3D
1. CG
2. Prop
3. Engine Thrust, Right, or Down.
I have seen this airplane on many sites, and it seems to fly well. I do not have mine set up correctly. Any Input.

Have Planes Will Travel
Old 02-11-2007, 03:01 PM
rcblimppro

Default RE: TOC Yak 54 80cc

ORIGINAL: Have Planes Will Travel

I need some Input. I have a TOC Yak with a ZDZ Super 80. Brand new, and flown it's maiden flight Yesterday. I have been flying a long time, yet this one is new to me. If anyone could give me suggestions on the following issues, I would greatly appreciate it.
I fly IMAC, and do not fly any 3D
1. CG
2. Prop
3. Engine Thrust, Right, or Down.
I have seen this airplane on many sites, and it seems to fly well. I do not have mine set up correctly. Any Input.

Have Planes Will Travel

Thes are really very general but I will tru to get you to the answers. I'll start with the prop. For IMAC we usually run the CF props as they are quieter and seem to dampen the power curve. For the Super 80 size will be a 26 or 27 X 10. CG is a personal choice but I set all of mine so that when I pull a 45 degree upline, 1/2 roll and relax on the sticks it will take 5 to 7 seconds for the airplane to arc to level. For engine thrust set the up/down to zero and 2.5 to 3 for starters. pull an upline with no rudder input and see what the airplane wants to do and adjust from there.

Shawn
Old 02-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Have Planes Will Travel

Thanks for the information. I set the CG according to the instruction book, at 7 1/8 from leading edge. Is this
consitstant to your CG?
Old 02-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

You need to put that plane inverted and see what it does... there isn't a right and wrong answer.. no 2 planes fly identical.