IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

2007 Tucson IMAC Changes

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Bill_Higgins
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tucson IMAC Changes

Due to circumstances beyond our(Brian Hueffmeier and Myself) control, we will not be running, or participating in the 2007 Tucson IMAC contest on April 21st & 22nd. After being asked by our local club to run this contest at their executive meeting in January, they have apparently decided (without notice) to give control BACK to the original CD. Needless to say, this is a tremendous disappointment, as we had hoped to streamline the contest to allow for more flying than we were able to achieve in years past. We apologize for the confusion, and wish the contest management, and contestants the best of luck.

Bill Higgins
Old 03-29-2007, 11:57 AM
les40

Default RE: 2007 Tucson IMAC Changes

That is a big dissappointment considering the rumors circulating about what happened with the funds that last year's contest produced. Can you provide anymore information as to why the club made this decision?
Old 03-31-2007, 12:54 AM
A320driver

Not good news.
Suddenly I find have another more pressing engagement I have to attend that weekend. Anybody else suddenly find themselves in the same situation?
Tony Holden
Old 03-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Bill,
I don't know or understand the situation, but can you just hold another venue that DA will sponsor on another weekend and just run it the way it should be run? If the club finds they don't have any sponsorship or named pilots coming to there event they will get the hint.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:22 PM
les40

I believe there is a misunderstanding here. I just got off the phone with the club president. Last year's contest director will NOT be running the contest and was never planned to run this year's contest. My understanding was that another club officer was planned to run this contest and a mistake was made when the contest was registered on the IMAC site by putting last year's contest director's name down.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Bill_Higgins

The Contest was canceled this morning, by the club.

Bill
Old 04-05-2007, 10:55 PM
dave_anderson
My Feedback: (47)

Dear All Concerned Parties,

My name is Dave Anderson from Albuquerque and I am deeply saddened at the thought of the Tucson Spring IMAC contest being cancelled. I am not privy to the reasons, but I understand there is possibly some kind of conflict that has arisen leading to the cancellation of the contest. I know the club portion of this is none of my business, but as an IMAC pilot who was looking forward to seeing his friends in Tucson in two weeks, I wish to offer a solution, even though I am not sure as to what the problem is. I’ll just throw this out there.

IF in fact this is, by chance, a CD centered issue, would there be any chance the contest could continue if you were to have a “fill-in” CD, from a neutral town, come in and run the show? I am of course volunteering. All we need to really have a minimal contest are: a field, a computer, score-sheets, and a couple willing volunteers. Forego all the prizes and the snack bar, etc… The pilots can step in to take up the slack by volunteering to judge/scribe when asked, and be ready to fly when it’s your turn. The club can get their share of the entry fees and IMAC will get their part, the pilots get to fly and we can all be happy…taking this next year to fix whatever went wrong.

I just think it’s a shame such a well-attended contest has to be scratched off many pilots list when all we REALLY need to have a minimal contest (no bells and whistles) are… a field, a computer, score-sheets, and a couple willing volunteers.

I hope nobody finds offense in this. I don’t know what the problem is/was and I’m not highlighting blame or anything. I’m just hoping this contest can be saved.

Please let me know if I can help.

Sincerely,

Dave Anderson
Old 04-09-2007, 08:13 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I agree with Dave,
Here in the SE the Trenton contest scheduled is to be moved to another field this weekend (4/14) because Trenton lost their field.
Another club agreed to host the event and the Trenton club will run it all.
With that said, if the Tucson club will host, any of the IMAC regulars can run the event.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:31 AM
dave_anderson
My Feedback: (47)

I noticed IMAC marked the contest as officially cancelled on their site. Guess it's official. What a shame.