IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Judging question

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 08:03 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Judging question

Lets say that a pilot is flying this years basic routine and forgets to do an end figure. This in turn gets the sequence going in the opposite way than when it was started, I know the forgetten fgure is zero'd but is every other figure zero'd as well

This happened to me earlier this year. I forgot to fly figure 8 which is the sharks tooth and instead flew the immelman followed by the 1.5 turn spin. I was zero'd on all three maneuvers. So last night I was reading the judging guide just to refresh myself on certain things and I came across section 6.3 which states:

6.3. Zero. A zero will be given for:

a) Omitting a figure in the program. In
this case, only the omitted figure will be zeroed.
For instance, if the pilot omits the center
maneuver and flies straight to do the end box
maneuver, only the center maneuver will receive
a zero and the end box maneuver will be scored
normally.

Now if you go by this example, the direction has not changed so I can see the center figure being zero'd but missing an end figure and flying the next one would change the direction of the sequence.

If it helps, I was flying left to right but did the immelman on the left instead of the right, hence the change in direction.

I have not had this problem since and to make matters worse both myself and my caller know the sequence well but just flat out blew it on this one occasion, talk about being embarrased
Old 07-27-2007, 08:57 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Judging question

answered over at "the other" site........

they were zero's... but don't worry... we ALL have done silly things,,,,

Quote: "Ummmmm.... Please call something.. I have NO IDEA what is next.... Really..CALL SOMETHING........Ooops..... should have been the other way....huh?"
Old 07-27-2007, 09:37 PM
bubbagates

Yea, I saw the answers. I thought they were correct and I was sure until I saw the "rule". No biggie at this point as it's a couple of month ago and we now make sure we place a finger on the maneuiver being done.

Whaturi felt so bad then I turned around and did it to Mike Duni at the Butcherfest 2 months later but called a break for him so he faired loads better as I called the 2nd maneiver wrong which would have been really bad. I knew what the maneuiver was but something else just came out of my mouth.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:53 PM
Silent-AV8R

At the 2002 TOC Quique exited a figure going the wrong direction. He flew 8 very beautiful ZEROS!! Once you start the sequence you MUST fly the figures in the order AND direction depicted on the Aresti drawing.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:17 PM
bubbagates

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R

At the 2002 TOC Quique exited a figure going the wrong direction. He flew 8 very beautiful ZEROS!! Once you start the sequence you MUST fly the figures in the order AND direction depicted on the Aresti drawing.

Now that had to suck [sm=omg_smile.gif]
Old 07-29-2007, 07:13 PM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: bubbagates

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R

Now that had to suck [sm=omg_smile.gif]

He wasn't happy. But the most amusing part for those of us out on the judging line was the fact that the crowd gave him a standing ovation!!! He knew he screwed up, but the crowd was clueless.