IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

3W 75i in a 29% AW Katana?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 05:42 PM
les40
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3W 75i in a 29% AW Katana?

Any thoughts on a 3W 75i in a 29% AW Katana? Is it too much power? I know the airframe can handle the weight because I flew it with a G62 on it that weighs the same as the 75i and it flew very well and landed easy. I was going to put a DA 50 on it but I flew one setup like that and the vert wasn't there.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Riverdancer
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3W 75i in a 29% AW Katana?

Good Day Les40..

The 3w75 is a sweet engine.. I would run it inplace of a 62 no troubles. I have one slated for the lanier 30% edge 540..If the plane flys well with the 62 it will be great with the 75. My son did a demo with a 2.3m comp equiped with a 3w75 it was awsome to say the least. It was his first flight on the airplane to boot... he kills me.. :0)

They were going to post the video on You-tube.. I will find out if you like. I don't think you will be sorry with that combination.

all the best..

Riverdancer