Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

~1/2 price Fiber Classics

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 01:24 AM
alexp2468

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ~1/2 price Fiber Classics

As most of you know, Planes plus was the distributer of Fiberclassics aircraft in the US. Recently, the Fiberclassics company has ceased to distribute through them. The new company is called composite arf. This is the same company that produced the original FC line, they just swiched the name, they are built in the same factory by the same people, but by eliminating the middleman, the prices are about 1/2 price as the original!!! check it out at www.composite-arf.com!!
Old 03-23-2003, 01:47 AM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Yes, this is an awesome deal! instead of say 1,500 for a blank unpainted plane its like 990$!
Old 03-23-2003, 02:43 AM
Cobra1
My Feedback: (42)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info. I always wanted one and now I can afford one!!
Old 03-23-2003, 03:01 AM
UNLDAVE
My Feedback: (2)

Default Yeah Right!!!

No U.S. phone number and real live human to contact.....There is controversy already over this .......

I'll wait until somone actully gets a plane from this outfit........and can prove it in this forum .

Beware of Taiwan Knockoffs......Caveat Emptor

Dave
Old 03-23-2003, 04:27 AM
Mike Brown99

I have met the man and have touched one of them with my own hands. these are NOT knock offs. They are the REAL DEAL!

Mike
Old 03-23-2003, 06:30 AM
UNLDAVE

Default That's real fast airfreight!

"The first shipment arrived in the port of
San Francisco today, March 22nd. It
will take now 2-3 days to clear
customs and unload, we expect that
shipping starts from Wednesday on.
Posted quotation requests will
be answered within 1-2 days. The
interest is overwhelming during the
first few days so far. Please,
everybody who posted a quotation
request, be patient! You will receive
your quotation soon."

According to the website They have a warehouse in S.F. If someone would be kind enough to reveal its address , I'd like to drive up there and investigate for myself

Dave
Old 03-23-2003, 03:06 PM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

Andreas Geitz is the owner of the company over there, and it I'm not mistaken, he owned or had something to do with Fiberclassics. I'm thinking that one of the 2.6 meter 330L's are going to be my next airplane!
Old 03-23-2003, 09:57 PM
CranstonSnord

Default It's a bit of a fiasco

Geitz gave quite a few people the shaft as quality went consistently downwards. Made in Taiwan aimed for a solid 75% of the original quality and it shows. Numerous problems ranging from kits missing vital components to wings delaminating and anti-rotation pins coming loose in the air. Planes Plus was awesome in taking care of their customers at their own expense with little help from Taiwan.

FC has split now. A new company (with some very good people that have been around a long time in the business) has taken back the European rights and is moving the manufacture of their ownership back to Europe where the quality will take a sharp upswing with a penalty in price.

Meanwhile, Andreas is staying in Taiwan and is going to try and put most large scale manufacturers out of business and make a quick buck but dumping boat loads of these direct, but I do not believe he is going to be able to maintain the quality that keeps customers satisfied.

Anyway, $990.00 is a great price. Is that with customs and shipping? Let us see if the old saying "you get what you pay for" holds true. One thing to consider...with no local distributor, there may be little recourse available if the machine comes apart in the air.

The epitome of ARF.COM has arrived.
Old 03-23-2003, 10:31 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

I guess we will just have to see...

so are the planes still made by the same place or is it different now?

i thought the middle man (planesplus) was just taken out so its cheaper now
Old 03-23-2003, 11:05 PM
carla kanak
My Feedback: (4)

Default Composite arfs

Don from Planes Plus here, due to pending legal action I cannot say much but what I can say is that these planes are beeing sold in North Central and South america in direct violation of an exclusive distribution agreement we have in place, stay tuned this may get interesting.
Old 03-24-2003, 12:47 AM
shill
My Feedback: (22)

I will add a side note to this as people have been saying getting gouged on the prices from planes plus. well you were not, the price that is being advertised a composite-???? you know what is less than Dons cost for the airplanes. So how can people be saying they were getting gouged. Also the Quality of the airplanes has gone way down since the move to Thailand not taiwan. You will probably not ever get the service from them as you have gotten from Don at Planes Plus. Andreas has dropped the price way down below what he was selling them to Don for.
From what I have heard he wanted Planes Plus to drop the prices but did not want to drop his price to Planes plus. I would bet the Quality has gone down even more as they are probably trying to really push the planes out the door. I am waiting to see what happens as Planes Plus has an inventory of planes that He has paid more for than the current prices being shown at composite for the airplanes.

Steve Hill
Old 03-24-2003, 01:08 AM
T_Hill

You should check out the pattern forum thread; Fiberclassics- what should I do. You will note that Don is taking care of it in conjunction with the German FiberClassics company that sold the pane. If you get one like this direct from Andreas, good luck.

Tracy Hill
Old 03-24-2003, 02:31 PM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

Default Re: Composite arfs

Originally posted by dkanak
Don from Planes Plus here, due to pending legal action I cannot say much but what I can say is that these planes are beeing sold in North Central and South america in direct violation of an exclusive distribution agreement we have in place, stay tuned this may get interesting.
I sure hope you get everything straightened out Don.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:43 PM
hornet driver
My Feedback: (7)

in the beginning don kanack didnt know me from adam..........he helped me with my plane problems knowing there wasnt any $$$ for him........he just loves doing what he does ( we all wish we could do that dont we )........he helped , called s.pattell for me , stopped by ups for me ( on the way to pick up the kids ) and sent me a one dollar part so i could get my plane fixed the next day

bottom line is i like don..........i know he is always there ........he will do what ever it takes for you.....me and the hobby..........and for that i want to keep him in business.....so i support him and i buy from him

i know he is always a call away.............and for that ....i`ll pay

thats the way i see it

gregg bingham
Old 03-25-2003, 05:10 PM
Stratos

Default My point of view!

Here is my point of view. I had my eye on for a FC 2.6. I really wanted the Jason scheme, I think it looks really cool, but was way out of my reach at around $2000. I was getting ready to compromise with maybe the scale scheme or even one of those white ones.
Well composite arf comes around (there was a rumor about this happening ever since the JR challenge btw) and they offer the Jason scheme for $1326 shipped to my door. You think I hesitated for a second?
As far as support: If any problems arise or I have any questions about anything from setting it up to equipment needed
i will be dealing directly with my sales rep who in my case is Andy Kane. I don't think it can get any better than that as far as peace of mind.
Did I mention that I'm getting the wing bags with it that were previously offered separately?

I do feel bad for Don. He is a great person and extremely helpful and I think he is getting screwed in this somehow. I guess it will be up to the lawyers to clear this mess.

In the meantime I did what was best for my pocket and I have no second thoughts about it. I'll be letting everyone know in great detail what my experience will be from now on.

Stratos.-
Old 03-26-2003, 01:43 AM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

We will see what happens when people have a airframe failure. That will be the true test of customer service. I know first hand that Don takes care of his customers.
Old 03-27-2003, 12:29 AM
Mike Brown99

I'm with Stratos on this, only I ordered a 40%er. I would've never considered a new 40% FC before Composite Arf
came along. No wonder when you look at how much they were marked up.

FWIW it looks like Planes Plus has gotten his prices in line on the 35% plane. Funny how a special sale price of almost $1900. dropped to only $990.

Mike
Old 03-27-2003, 12:42 AM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

His retail was 1990. His special was 1495.
Old 03-27-2003, 12:51 AM
shill
My Feedback: (22)

Planes Plus Cost on the airplanes was more than the price on Composites website you should know the facts before you state Look at the mark up. Planes plus is sitting on a bunch of Fiberclassics airplanes and how else would he get rid of the planes than drop his price and take a loss to sell them. Quist is right Don Takes care of his customer and customer service means alot in this business.

Steve Hill
Old 03-28-2003, 07:42 PM
GW-inactive

Let's let Don K. , FiberClassics, and the other retailers work this out.
They will have a price, If you want it, buy it.

I have removed a few post on this thread already for their lack of content. If you post on this thread keep it informative, and have your facts straight.
Old 03-28-2003, 11:55 PM
Cobra1
My Feedback: (42)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for steping in and pointing everyone back in the right, contructive path.
Old 03-29-2003, 12:01 AM
gordyd4

I looked on composite-arf's web site and could find no address or phone #. Maybe I am lacking surfing skills and someone else could find it. A little disturbing to me if they don't include a address and phone # on the web site.

I like the web site--more descriptions of paint schemes than anyone else's site I have seen.

Does anyone know where I can find more paint schemes for the Fiberclassics?
Old 03-29-2003, 05:02 AM
TXDA2000

Default Bottom Line

I think the bottom line with this whole thing is that the consumer now has the choice of one of the best airframes at an incredible price.

I haven't met or talked to either Don Kanak or Andreas Geitz, I'm sure their both good guys deep down. If they weren't, they wouldn't still be in the hobby. Up till now, planesplus has still carried and supported FiberClassics, so it must be a product he believes in. I know most of us following these threads want to know the whole story. The plain truth is probably none of us do or ever will.

I feel for Don because he has obviously worked very hard to promote the FC, support it, etc. to make a living. Andreas works hard to make a quality product and bring new airframes to the market. I've been drooling over most of what they offer for many years. If I had the budget, I'd probably own at least 10 of their airframes.

Andreas obviously wants to increase volume by a great deal, and at the prices he has a good opportunity to do so. I would assume that Don's biggest gripe is the unsold inventory that he will have to take a loss on. It's a shame that everything couldn't have been worked out for everyone's benefit, they rarely do in business. Both guys have a vision of where they want to go, they just seem to be two different ways.

Don, I hope you won't hold any ill will to the large amount of people who have already ordered from Andreas, including me. Most of us would probably have never bought a new FC at the old prices. Also I hope everything can be worked out for the benefit of everyone. The biggest loss would be that one of the best designed airframes would no longer be on the market.

I've always viewed the Fiberclassics Extra as the ultimate all around airframe for IMAC/3D. Strong, light, straight, and mostly built. I'm glad I have the opportunity to own one.

Anybody want to buy a half built Carden Extra?

Daniel Rathbun
Old 03-30-2003, 01:15 AM
Diablo-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

With these composite ARFs priced at $1G, and the H9 Arfs priced at $800, and the new Wild Hare Extra at $1G........I can't figure out how Carden or Aeroworks is gonna sell another 33% kit.

If only one of the engine manufacturers would slash their price in half.....
Old 04-01-2003, 01:34 PM
RickP

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Half Price?
I bought the scale scheme from Don and I don't even see that available there - how can you say half price? Looks like Composite may just have the the "irregulars" and ones that didn't sell the first time. Buyer Beware.
RickP

PS, Well - I kinda take that back. The Schulman scheme for 1,240 looks like a bagain. I don't recall FC making this version.

PSS, Why do the fusalage pics show no firewall in place?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.