IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Giles 202

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 09:24 PM
2rolls
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giles 202

Any feeback on the 96" giles 202 by Radio Control Hobby Super Store?
Price sounds too good to be true...croz
Old 03-31-2003, 11:15 PM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Giles 202

I never heard of this plane or company.

Wild Hare R/C sells a 93" G202 ARF for $695 that has been well proven and flies beautifully. It's a known quantity, rugged, stable, good looking, and VERY easy to assemble. We use quality materials (aircraft ply, epoxy, Ultracoat, contest balsa, etc.) and we support our product completely (ask anybody that has bought one from us).

At $400 this must be a kit. If it's an ARF, be very careful. I know what ours (Wild Hare) costs to produce, and if they are selling a 96" ARF for $400 something is not right. We can't possibly produce anything of decent quality for anything close to that.

Tom Fawcett
Wild Hare R/C
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	67233_8448.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	40831  
Old 04-01-2003, 02:23 AM
LORD_RC
My Feedback: (1)

Default Giles 202

whats the web address?
Old 04-01-2003, 12:41 PM
Blueskies21
My Feedback: (34)

Default giles

Tom

your Giles is a very nice plane and a great value as well,i know alotta guys have been very happy with them.But on the same token there is a bigger giles available as a ARC from GSP -its 97" and its 399.00 and is of very good quality & construction .I know a buddy here at the field who bought one and loves it..You will sell more of yours still over this 1 cause it gets more reviews and is precovered and looks good.Many guys are not good at covering so therefore a ARC is a turnoff sometimes.But for me I love to glass and paint so I just bought the GSP giles. I have a very unigue scheme in mind for my bird-i want neon yellow on top/w/ black 3d checker patterns & black on the bottom-it'll be very different

I am not trying to steer anyone away from the wildhare giles,it is a very nice bird and well worth the money and has gotten very good press as well.I just wanted one a lil' bigger and to do my own custom scheme

regards-Steve
Old 04-01-2003, 01:14 PM
Jemo
My Feedback: (5)

Default Giles 202

http://www.wildharerc.com/
Old 04-01-2003, 10:48 PM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Giles 202

" your Giles is a very nice plane and a great value as well,i know alotta guys have been very happy with them.But on the same token there is a bigger giles available as a ARC from GSP -its 97" and its 399.00 and is of very good quality & construction "

Thanks, I agree with you that it's a nice plane :-). I designed it.

I don't think anyone will see a significant difference between 93 and 97 inches, it's not enough to think about.

The trademark of the Wild Hare planes is how well they designed and built and how incredibly easy they are to assemble. I don't use the term "build" 'cause there's really no building involved. The hardest part is attaching the canopy to the hatch, and the only glue required is for the hinges.

There are a lot of guys who just want to fly. Our planes are aimed squarely at them. Absolute minumum time from box to flight. I can do one in 6 hours, your first one would take maybe 10-12.

And our new Extra will be even better. Room for canisters and smoke tank, everything is already installed. Just tie everything down with tie wraps and it all looks totally professional. I'm guessing 8 to 10 hours from box to flight.

Tom Fawcett
Wild Hare R/C