Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Need opinion on backup plane using 91 Surpass

Old 04-09-2003, 11:01 AM
dave_anderson
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need opinion on backup plane using 91 Surpass

I am stationed overseas in the Air Force and will be returning to the states in December. I have built an Ohio RC Cap 232 with a 1.60FX and it flys great! I am practicing the IMAC patterns so I can jump into the season after I get back. The Cap 232 is my primary plane. I have read a lot about the importance of having a backup plane. The reasons are obvious to me. I really can't afford to do another Ohio Cap (can't find the kits anymore anyway!), but I do have an extra 91 Surpass II sitting here and a handful of Futaba coreless servos. What would be a good ARF to put these into in order to make a formidable backup plane? It would have to be a 60 size I reckon. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Has anyone seen a 60 sized ARF that has done well in competition?

Thanks!

Dave
Old 04-09-2003, 06:33 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need opinion on backup plane using 91 Surpass

I like the Kangke Cap 60. It is a nice flying plane with a 91 stroker. I think the Kangke line of ARF's is underrated in terms of quality and performance. I flew their 120 Cap and it was an awesome machine. Kangke also has an Extra 300S in the 60 size.
Old 04-10-2003, 12:37 AM
daw
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not an ARF but quick build

I highly recommend the Midwest lil'cap232. I just completed one with an OS 91 surpass up front. quick easy build. What I changed;two servos mounted near the rear stab for the elevator, used hard balsa to join the wings instead of the hardwood provided. Came in at 8 lbs. Will try a graupner 14-7 prop, APC 14-6 and very interested in an APC 15-4 W. Will let you know. Many of my flying buddies have the same plane with either the OS or the Saito and use it as their IMAC practice for those maybe maneuvers.