Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > IMAC
Reload this Page >

Great Planes 1/3 Scale Extra 300L...Any good?

Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Great Planes 1/3 Scale Extra 300L...Any good?

Old 04-15-2003, 11:49 AM
dave_anderson
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes 1/3 Scale Extra 300L...Any good?

Anyone have experience with the GP Extra 300L 1/3 scale kit? Any input is appreciated.

Dave A
Old 04-15-2003, 12:12 PM
cwright

Look in the June issue of Model Airplane News. they have a nice article on it. My friend has one that he just started building. Quality is very good. He noticed the same 2 things that the review article did. The wing tubes fit very tight into the wings and are hard to install the wings. This problem according to the article is being fixed by Great Planes by using fiberglass tubes instead of cardboard. The other problem is that the canopy color doesn't match the monocote covering perfectly. He is going to power his with a Fuji 64 gasser. Hope this helps. Also, Rodio Controll Modeler is supposed to have an article in their next issue. Chuck
Old 04-15-2003, 04:44 PM
WreckRman2
Banned
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by cwright
Look in the June issue of Model Airplane News. they have a nice article on it. My friend has one that he just started building. Quality is very good. He noticed the same 2 things that the review article did. The wing tubes fit very tight into the wings and are hard to install the wings. This problem according to the article is being fixed by Great Planes by using fiberglass tubes instead of cardboard. The other problem is that the canopy color doesn't match the monocote covering perfectly. He is going to power his with a Fuji 64 gasser. Hope this helps. Also, Rodio Controll Modeler is supposed to have an article in their next issue. Chuck
I think your talking about the Patty Wagstaff 1/4 ARF not the 1/3 Kit.
Old 04-15-2003, 11:41 PM
Cody-RCU

There are better beasts. This airplane has a major flaw in its wing construction. On the seventh flight mine folded in a wall. The plane was under a lot of stress, but not nearly as much as if I had done a ham-fisted pull out of a botched sequence. Annmarie was very helpful and offered to take a look at the damage, but we never really got around to it and she left GP a few months ago.

Oh, well, the engine / servos are going in an AW 31% Extra.

Sorry if I disappointed you, but better to be disappointed here than at the field.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:16 AM
cwright

Dave your right. I thought he was talking about the Patty Wagstaff ARF. Chuck