Help!! Which Ultimate is this?

Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Help!! Which Ultimate is this?

Old 04-16-2003, 05:48 AM
cbdane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! Which Ultimate is this?

I posted a message last week asking for CG and setup information on my new Ohio R/C 63" Ultimate. I purchased this plane already built. It is a beauty with a few flights, per the last owner. I purchased it at the Toledo R/C Show.

I assumed that it was the Ohio R/C Ultimate and never asked the owner otherwise. Now I'm confused, however. The wingspan is 67", not 63". Does anyone recognize the attached images and help me identify the plane?

Here's a couple of photos:

http://home.pacbell.net/cbdane/misc/Ultimate_03.jpg

http://home.pacbell.net/cbdane/misc/Ultimate_04.jpg

Thanks in advance!
C. Brent
Old 04-16-2003, 06:30 AM
bv2009
My Feedback: (10)

Default Ohio Ultimate

Hello Sir,

To me this is the Ohio 62 " Ultimate.
I think the builder didn't like the original pinched wingtips and added some longer wingtips he liked.

Bruno.
Old 04-16-2003, 10:51 PM
Hubb
My Feedback: (1)

looks like the 63" ohio to me too

I flew one as an emergency back up plane at the end of last season. take your time mixing out the pitch and roll coupling and it should be a fine flying machine. the one I had snapped good and rolling manuvers looked sweet.

what engine is in it?

by the looks of it, it only has two aileron servos with rods conecting the upper and lower. I would suggest going through the trouble of adding a servo to each ail surface to give a little better control authority

good luck!

Hubb
Old 04-16-2003, 11:07 PM
cbdane

Thanks Hubb and BV2009!! Very helpful.

I thought that I was buying that plane. I must admit that it was an impulse purchase and I only had a couple of hours before my airline flight back home to arrange shipping. Not much time for "chit chat" with the seller. He asked for my business card and requested that I send some photos but I haven't heard from him yet. First plane that I have not built myself so I'll go through it carefully. I'll certainly consider the suggestion for separate aileron servos on top.

It is set up with a Mustang (Byron Models) 50. The engine mount box looks a bit on the light side for my taste so I plan to sprinkle in a handfull of 1/4" plywood gussets, strategically placed.

I'd like to replace the aluminum gear with composite. It has such a wide, shallow stance that I am worried about gear sag after a while. Any advice?

Thanks again!
C. Brent