Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > IMAC
Reload this Page >

Why don't I here more about Aerotech in IMAC??

Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Why don't I here more about Aerotech in IMAC??

Old 04-23-2003, 02:53 AM
Ryans Rebel
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why don't I here more about Aerotech in IMAC??

I hear Carden, Aeroworks, Radiocraft, Troybuit, on & on & on , but no Aerotech. Why not? I am in the market for a 35% Edge 540 and from my research Aerotech seems to be the best deal when it comes to price & avaliability among other things. The Aerotech 35% 540 has the same wingspan, wing area, weight, length, & power requirements as the Carden & OMP and is very similar to all others. Are there many Aerotechs in IMAC competition? What is the deal with Aerotech? Should I buy?

Your thought please.

Ryan
Old 04-23-2003, 01:37 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aerotech doesn't seem to enjoy the NAME recognition of other models. Maybe they haven't been around as long, don't spend as much on advertising, I don't know. I have had some exposure to Aerotech's Edge, it was positive.

I wouldn't recommend an Edge though for IMAC. Yes it will do the job nicely, but the nature of Edges flight envelope or lack of stalling characteristic's would make me look for another model. Such as an Extra, Giles or Cap. But that's my opinion.
Old 04-23-2003, 02:13 PM
Badge
My Feedback: (21)

It is true you dont hear much about them AeroTech and Carden started around the sametime, only AeroTech was not at it full time, now John at AeroTech is turning things around at over the last year or so has taken AeroTech into a full time business. There kit selection is unmatched and the kit quality is nearly unmatched. I'm certain a lot will surface on AeroTech over the next year.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:40 PM
Aerotech

Gentlemen,

To give you a little history. Our company has been in this business since 1992 and we were the first company to have a 35% 300s, 90" Super Chipmunk in 1993 introduced at Joe Nall 1994, in 1995 the first company to produce a 28% and 35% Extra 300L and most recently the 35% and 42% Velox Revolution I and II. Carden and our company have been around this business for about the same time. They chose to make a full effort to make this there living and we chose to do it on a smaller scale until last year.

We both advertise in High Flight and I believe from our customer feedback thst our kit package for value and competing in IMAC and 3D Freestyle is par and above in some cases with our competition. So Im sure as we grow into more areas by earning your trust with our products, name recognition will be alot more visible in 2004. We have alot of good items comming out later this year and next, so stay tuned and always know we try hard to make you feel totally supported during your building process.

Thank you

John

www.aerotech-rcmodels.com
Old 04-24-2003, 01:57 AM
Silvanskii
My Feedback: (17)

Hear, hear, John!
Old 04-24-2003, 10:30 AM
augiep38
My Feedback: (3)

My guess would be they are not as popular because of their ordering policies. When I wanted to try one, they took a large cash deposit and they didn't accept credit cards.

I passed based on that.

Todd