Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Moki 2.1

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 05:56 PM
john316

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moki 2.1

Has anybody figured out why the Moki 2.1 has a fuel draw problem and what causes it? About half the folks I talked to went to the Cline regulator to fix the problem while about as many say they fiixed the problem with oversize fuel line between tank and carb inlet. I decided to go the cheaper route on mine and try the oversize fuel line (large) and drilled out the tank pickup clunk to match. Engine seems to run fine on the ground during breakin but we shall soon see what happens in the air. My curiosity comes from the fact that these engines can be run blubbering rich with medium fuel line while on the ground , which logically tells me that the fuel line diameter is adequate. This fuel line thing just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, can anybody shed some light on this subject?

JJohn
Old 04-30-2003, 02:27 PM
LuvBipes
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Moki 2.1

If you call Jim Gerard (the distributer), he'll tell you that there are significant differences in tolerance form one Moki carb to the next. Specifically, the idle barrel to carb body fit seems to be critical to the carb's overall performance. If I were to buy a new Moki, I'd call Jim up and ask him to custom select a carb-barrel for the engine even if it meant paying a little more.
Old 05-12-2003, 05:11 PM
john316

Default Moki 2.1

I thought Moki was known for precision machine work and solid metallurgy?
Old 05-16-2003, 11:26 AM
LuvBipes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Moki 2.1

Originally posted by John Weber
I thought Moki was known for precision machine work and solid metallurgy?
Yup, me too. Found out the above when I couldn't get my Moki to 4-cycle no matter what the main NV setting was. Sent it to Jim and spoke to him on the phone (real nice fellow) and he replaced the carb idle disk free of charge.

Large Super Tigers often have the same problem. A friend picked up a used ST3500 that neither he nor the previous owner could get to run right. replaced the carb w/ a Perry unti and the thing runs great now
Old 05-16-2003, 12:36 PM
adrian-RCU

Default Moki 2.1

the moki's we run has over time given us the very best of service and run absolutely flawless. yes we run big tubing and drilled the clunk, we even do this on the 91fx's but low or no nitro is what the moki wants and 3/4 gallons to break in for the rest great power, great response, fair economy and years of reliability.
Old 05-16-2003, 12:58 PM
edge_fanatic

Default We have no probs either

My son and I haven't had any problems either....

Even if we did, I don't see the act of getting large fuel tubing to be an issue.

Cheers,

Sean