Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

IMAC'ers

Old 04-29-2003, 06:17 PM
Pugsley-RCU
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IMAC'ers

Just out of curiosity how many, and what types of planes do you guys have? I noticed at a recent event, that most of the hard core IMAC'ers only had one or two large scale birds (not that there is anything wrong with that) that they flew. Now I know, since it was an IMAC event that they might have left the other planes at home, so that is what peaked my curiosity.

I have a 33 % H9 Cap, DP Extra, Piedmont Foucs, and a ZNLine Synergy 90 3D.

Thanks,

Pugs
Old 04-29-2003, 06:38 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default IMAC'ers

My IMACers currently are a H9 Extra, Midwest Extra, and DP Extra. At the last contest I only brought the H9, but for the next one I'm going to try to bring the MW as well. I like flying these planes over the DP because they are gas burners, making it much cheaper to practice and compete. One thing I can say is if you only bring one model to a contest, try to have enough tools and extra parts to deal with any contingency. At the last contest I went to, two 8411 servos were stripped when the owner was towing it out and hit the elevator against a fence. He had spare servos in his car and was able to replace them and still compete.
Old 04-29-2003, 06:42 PM
Pugsley-RCU

Default Hey....

Thanks for the response.....

I guess what I was asking is, what OTHER types of planes do you own and enjoy flying.....

I hear you about during the competition. I'd hate not being able to fly due to a failure. I keep 2 8411's in my flight box......

Pugs
Old 04-29-2003, 07:05 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default IMAC'ers

Oh I gotcha, I also have a Kyosho Majestic (THE best flying 40 size plane, period), a UCD, a PBF, QHOR, Cub on floats, T-33 EDF, and a NWHT Gee Bee Y. Of those planes the PBF and QHOR get the most air time when I just want to relax and have fun at the field.
Old 04-29-2003, 10:36 PM
v-snap
My Feedback: (18)

Default IMAC'ers

Lets see- Lanier Pitts, Aero-Pro laser (unflown), Troy built Staudacher (finishing), Casburn Luckyfly (20+yrs old), Sweet stick, Kyosho Pitts (oops just destroyed that), ModelTech Cap 21 being recovered due to age.
Sold the rest
V-Snap
Old 05-05-2003, 09:54 PM
Stallion_51
My Feedback: (1)

Default Other planes...

...well, for IMAC I'm flying a H9 Edge 540 for now, looking to go bigger for a better chance to compete.

Other planes are: TF Giant Scale P-51D Mustang (84", check my photo gallery for pics), MW Giles 202 (78"), Giant Scale Planes Cap 232 (96", on the shelf, heavy as a rock), John Orner X-700 (.40 size fun-fly, makes the .40 H9 Ultrastick look like its in reverse), Goldberg Ultimate (58"), Scratch built Ron Chigy TigerTail (80"), Cermark Pitts S2B (1/4 scale ARF), Morris the Knife, Scratch built Partnavia Spartacus Twin (88"), and a Scratch built Piper Malibu Mirage (80").
Old 05-05-2003, 11:52 PM
rcplanefan
My Feedback: (2)

Default IMAC'ers

Pugsley,

I have a Speed 400 electric Ryan F8F Bearcat. It is a blast to fly. I am changing out battery packs before the Columbus IMAC so that I can fly it on Saturday night (the old one is a bit down on power). It is a real performer and a HOOT to fly. Looks dead on like the real thing.

And Jim Ryan, the designer and kitter, is a good friend of mine. So I couldn't help but plug his offering!

Ken
Old 05-06-2003, 01:10 AM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Default IMAC'ers

H9 Edge 540 for IMAC, Graupner Super Air for fun (won it here), and Morris Topcap
Old 05-06-2003, 07:45 PM
akflyer
My Feedback: (7)

Default IMAC'ers

for IMAC Lanier 30% Edge, Ohio SU-26MX, Quadratech Laser.

Fun, GP Cub on Floats, Pizzaz, Cap231 EX, GWS Zero (on single float), GWS tiger moth, Ace simple corsair w/ GWS 300C, Kavan Partenavia (on floats), Kyosho 180, MM 180 and ~ 8 others just waiting to be charged.

in various stages of building, 96" corsair, 89" p-40, 89" p-51, beech baron 58 twin,
Old 05-06-2003, 08:07 PM
Fly4Fun2
My Feedback: (25)

Default IMAC'ers

For IMAC - 40% Carden Edge

Just for the fun of it - 1/4 scale Balsa USA J3 Cub - worn out, beat up and a blast to fly in the evenings. Couldn't sell it for $100 and wouldn't take less than $1000 for it!

Just for the challange of it - 4 Meter Duo Discus scale sailplane with self-launching system. Hasn't flown yet - hopefully this week. Totally different style of flying than the Edge - keeps me from getting into a rut!

Just for the time with my kids - 40 size trainer - they love it. Nothing better than having your son or daughter ask you to take them flying!!!

Just for the carnage of it - .25 size Gremlin combat. Been in 4 mid-airs and still flying. Has more duct tape (aka Kentucky Chrome) on it than a 79 Dodge!!!

Just for the backyard - 30 size Kyosho Concept Heli - still has the daughter's hoola-hoop on it!!!

See ya at the Nall Pugs!

Keith
Old 05-07-2003, 06:39 PM
Pugsley-RCU

Default Keith,

Cool. I'll be the silly fat guy with the big grin on my face.....should be easy to find me.....

Pugs
Old 05-07-2003, 06:42 PM
Hubb

Default I'll play..

ahh, so many planes have come and gone........

here's whats current:

35% Radiocraft extra, 3W 100
1/3 scale Lanier Staudacher, BME 102

Piedmont Focus, webra 1.45, Bolly pipe (this one is my favorite)

PH3D profile fun-fly designed by Toby Silhavy, TT .46 (my 3D trainer)

GWS tigermoth slowflyer - great for late evening or indoors

thats all I have at the moment

Hubb
Old 05-07-2003, 06:44 PM
Fly4Fun2
My Feedback: (25)

Default IMAC'ers

Hey Hubb ---

Did you finish the PH3D yet??? I haven't started mine yet. Too busy flying the Edge and getting the sailplane set up. I am a bit burnt out on building right now....I might save it for the winter.
Old 05-07-2003, 06:49 PM
Pugsley-RCU

Default Hubb...

I hear ya on the Focus. Just putting the finishing touches on mine. Using a 3M 140, greve pipe, and Futaba digitals all around.

Now, if I can fly it 1/10th as good as the previous owner I'll be happy.

Now, let's talk. Since the Focus is your fav.....you should be ready to unload that Radiocraft of yours....

Pugs
Old 05-07-2003, 07:23 PM
Hubb

Default IMAC'ers

Keith,

I am awaiting good weather / time off to fly the PH3D. should be a blast! whattya mean you might wait till winter to build yours?? I scratched mine out in about 2 weeks off and on. you got one of them fancy kits with all the hard work done for you!! it should go together in 2 days!

Pugs,

we might have to talk about the Radiocraft - later in the year though . The Staudacher has been treating me well so far - and its supposed to be the back-up!!

you will LOVE the focus. we'll compare notes at the Dayton contest.

Hubb