IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Fliton Votec 351

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 04:27 AM
mc1982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fliton Votec 351

Hi guys,

Im buying a Fliton Votec 351 and im not sure what engine to put on, i''ve recently lost a OS FSa-56 to a crash on my cmp magpie pattern plane, i was impressed by the improvement over the surpass.

This model requires either 56 saito or 56 OS so i dont exactly know which engine to go with. This would be my first model of this type and id like to put my G4 sim practice into action. I''m not looking at the price difference i just want the most reliable engine of the two. I''ve never used saito before. I do however own a YS63s and YS110s so tuning wont be a problem. I just want the best match for this model so if anyone out there has the fliton votec 351 and can give me any info id be greatfull.

Also what would be the best servo''s for this model. I have some futaba 3010 brand new in a box i never got around to using. Or should i go after something like Futaba 3152 digi''s?

As for power source ill be using a lipo pack with a digi switch from powerbox systems so current wont be a problem.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:21 AM
pinguecola

Default RE: Fliton Votec 351

hello, sorry for delay.
i have never seen this post before.
i bought a fliton votec and O.S. 56@ FS.
i shall get hitec servos hs 225mg ailerons, and hs 5245 mg elevator. hs 645 mg for rudder.
hope it will be right. i like this nice little plane a lot and i hope it will fly like fliton edge 540 i recently crashed.[&o]
if you read this post , please let me know your experience about votec.
ciao francesco.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:03 PM
mc1982

Default RE: Fliton Votec 351

Heya, i had a fliton edge with the YS63fz-s in it. From prop hang it would accelerate upwards with a 13x6 prop on 20/20 fuel. Amayzing plane never used more than 40% throttle unless i was doing anything 3d. I didnt crash it i left it at my parents house for the weekend and someone accidently broke it.... ye well... It was really nice.

As for the votec im still thinking about it but i recently sold all my glow stuff and bought 3 petrol engines, mvvs and zdz's i can tell you i dont miss the oil from the ys exhaust.