Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > IMAC
Reload this Page >

NE Imac "Summer Sizzle", Milford Pa Aug 23rd & 24th.

Community
Search
Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

NE Imac "Summer Sizzle", Milford Pa Aug 23rd & 24th.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 09:57 PM
OnTheEdge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NE Imac "Summer Sizzle", Milford Pa Aug 23rd & 24th.

Imac season is well under way. The summer is going fast and it’s almost time for the Milford “Summer Sizzle” Imac contest. The contest will take place on the weekend of August 23rd and 24th and is hosted by the Flying Hawks RC Club. For those of you not familiar with the area, the Hawk’s club site is located in the Delaware Water Gap National Park. The area is located in the northeastern area of the Pocono Mountains and is only about 8 miles from the boarder of Pa, NY & NJ.

The field will be open for practice on Friday August 22nd. The contest will be two days with the national unknowns handed out Saturday evening to be flown first thing on Sunday. We’ll have a sound system so we will have a Freestyle contest on Sunday. I’d like to get in at least three rounds on Saturday. I’ll be taking notes from John’s Woodstock contest and plan to keep the flight lines going!

We have a small surprise treat set up for Sunday. I’ve also got approval for the first time to have overnight camping at the site. This will be limited based on space so if you plan to camp at the feild, please let me know. Remember, this is a Federal Park and all rules must be followed. See below for some off-site camping facilities that are close by as well. Obviously this will be primitive camping with no hook ups. Feel free to leave your trailers at the field as usual Fri and Sat night.

Saturday night we might try a "Wing Night"! Buffalo Wings and Foamies! Let me know if you think you'd be interested as I can get a large LP deep fryer and some spot lights for some night time fun!

If you have not already done so, please help us out by reregistering at:
http://www.letsflyrc.com/imac/CONTES...&PageMode=LIST

See below for a listing of hotels and campgrounds. All are within about and 10-15 minute drive from the field. If you want to make this a family event, there are plenty of things to do in the Park as well as being in the heart of the Poconos.

The field is located one mile south of the town of Milford on US RT 209. We’ll have signs up at the entrance Friday morning on.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to e-mail or P-mail me.

Regards,

Mark

Milford Motel
591 Route 6 and 209Milford, PA 18337
(570) 296-6411‎

www.milfordmotel.com
=================================

Best Western Inn at Hunt’s Landing
120 US 6 & 209, Matamoras, PA 18336
Phone: 570/491-2400

www.bestwestern.com

=================================

RED CARPET INN
240 Route 6, I-84 Exit #46 (Old Exit 10)
Milford PA. 18336
(570) 296-9444

www.redcarpetinnpa.com

=========================

Comfort Inn
2247 Greenville Tpk. & SR 23 ,
Port Jervis, NY, US, 12771
Phone: (845) 856-6611

www.comfortinn.com

=============================
Scottish Inns Milford

274 Route 6 & 209,