Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

world model extra 120

Old 05-21-2003, 04:49 PM
elkiwi
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default world model extra 120

IŽll made the first flight to my wm extra 300 120, saito 150.

I nead help about cg, throws, and prop recomendation
Old 05-22-2003, 02:29 AM
LuvBipes
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had one w/ 100+ flights on it (RIP) powered by an OS 120 III, Great airplane. Basically the Goldberg Extra 300 rendered as an ARF by World Models.

CG and control throws per the manual. One of my all-time favorite arfs. Lands almost like a trainer and has no bad habits. You'll like it.

For a prop, start w/ an APC 16X8, though a 17X6 would work well too.
Old 05-22-2003, 02:48 AM
IMK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've only started flying my WM Extra - 120 and am using the recommended control throws with 35% expo on aileron & elevator and 40% on rudder. I've got the plane balanced at 130mm from the LE.

I'm using a 120 2-stroke with an APC 16x8 and a BCM pitts muffler.

I'm happy with this set-up so far but plan on putting it through a trimming regime provided to me by the local pattern association.

I've been told by others with far more experience on this model than me that the CG can safely go back to 140mm. This combined with a bit of weight saving (e.g. moving the battery back in the fuz by cutting a hatch underneath instead of using lead in the tail, light wheels, light spinner etc) improves the 3-D qualities (although I don't think it was ever intended for this).

I've been given a warning to watch for snapping tendencies with high rate on elevator (which apparently is not a problem if you can reduce the models weight by about 6 ounces).

I'm finding it a great flying model and am impressed with the overall quality.