IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

IMAC Officer Nominations

Old 09-03-2008, 08:33 PM
TXDA2000
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IMAC Officer Nominations

Guys and Gals,

The time has come once again. Nominations for IMAC Officers are officially open.

Any nominations should be forwarded to the IMAC Secretary, Bobby Folsom, at [email protected].

If, for any reason, you wish to mail in a nomination, the IMAC address is:

IMAC

P.O. Box 1010
King, NC 27021-1010

Any nominations recieved by mail will be forwarded to the Secretary.

The nomination period will end at the end of September, followed by a general election to be conducted by electronic ballot. The election period will be announced prior to the end of nominations.

These elections cover all Board of Director positions from President to Regional Director.

The success of IMAC counts on it's volunteers. If you are dedicated to the sport, and want to add to that success, now is the time to step up. Our organization has grown in leaps and bounds in the five years I've been on the Board of Directors, and I'd like to see that momentum continued with the next administration.

Daniel Rathbun

IMAC President
Old 09-09-2008, 06:55 AM
sewbusy

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts
Default RE: IMAC Officer Nominations

Here is a copy of my "Bio". This has already been sent in to our Secretary for publication on the IMAC website.

I would like to help mold the future of IMAC with your vote.
Thank you.
Wayne Matthews
Chairman,
IMAC Sequence Committee
IMAC National Judging Instructor

Name: Wayne C Matthews
City/State: Acworth, Georgia
Status: Married for 27 years to Donna Matthews with one son, Rod.
Position Nominated for: IMAC Secretary
IMAC Membership: Since January 1990 - IMAC # 1294

IMAC Experience: Flew in Basic, Sportsman, Advanced & presently fly in Unlimited. Attended 6 Nationals & a
multitude of Regional contests. Contest Director of Georgia Spring Fever, and assisted with various IMAC con-
tests.

Attended IMAC’s Judging Instructor’s class in Ohio 2003 and was appointed as a South East Judging Instruc-
tor. Organized & taught 6 IMAC Judging Schools, including the first IMAC National/International School in
Jacksonville FL in 2008. Judged at the Don Lowe Masters, Tucson Aerobatic Shootout & was the Chief Judge
at the recent Clover Creek Invitational in Tennessee.

Appointed as the Chairman of the IMAC Sequence committee & helped to organize the present system of
request/dispatch/storage of IMAC Unknowns to National & International entities. We are also responsible to
formulate and design all Known sequences for the various classes in the ensuing year. At the present time, I
am still Chairman of the IMAC Sequence Committee.

Targets: As the IMAC Secretary, I would like to develop a PROPER communication vehicle between the exec-
utive Board of Directors, Regional Directors and the present membership, whereby the communication will
function both ways. A one way street is not the best “engine” for progress. The minutes of the BOD meetings
should be available for all members to read what took place during the same and what decisions were made
for the betterment (or detriment) of the organization. In addition, who made those decisions is also important.

Constant liaison between the Sequence Committee, Rules Committee & the Executive board to ensure that
new rules proposals, any Aresti or sequence matrix changes that need further action, will be dealt with in the
appropriate time frame.

The previously announced IMAC Website will be a priority in my tenure. Having it brought up to speed is job #
2. See above for job #1.

An International Affiliation program should have been started. This is an important step in having IMAC ac-
cepted as the Scale Aerobatics organization internationally. At present, we do send our National/International
Unknowns to several overseas countries but there should be some organized format and framework within
which to work.

IMAC Judging Schools can be even more streamlined. I will work in close conjunction with the Rules Commit-
tee to see how this can be accomplished. In addition, I will investigate the possibility of having On-Line training
so that members can download one section at a time, areas that they may need further information on.

Work with Instructors to devise a method of certifying Judges. This is a critical areas in IMAC that needs devel-
opment & can move judges from an entry level all the way to a top class world judge.

I will work closely with the President, Vice President, Treasurer and the rest of the Board of Direc-
tors to enhance the IMAC experience as a positive one.

You will NOT regret your vote.

Thank you for your consideration.
Regards,
Wayne Matthews
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38260.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	1029562  
Old 09-13-2008, 08:45 PM
downhumpty
My Feedback: (1)

R. Kent Porter
Willow Spring, North Carolina
Married for 10 years to Brenda Porter with one son,
Alex and two stepsons, Mike and Chris

Industrial Scale Technician, W. B. Porter & Co.
Corporate Secretary / W. B. Porter & Co.
Safety Officer / W. B. Porter & Co.

IMAC Member since 2004 - IMAC # 3730

Position: IMAC President

IMAC Experiences:
Started in Sportsman and presently fly in Intermediate. Attended 2 Nationals in 2004 as a pilot and 2008 as a judge. Contest Director of Piedmont Aeromodelers IMAC, and assisted The Triple Tree Classic, 2007 and 2008 contest.
Attended 6 IMAC Judging Schools as well as IMAC’s International Judging Instructor’s School, Jacksonville, FL. 2008 and was appointed as a South East Judging Instructor. Assisted at the 2008 SE Judging and Flying School, Jacksonville, FL.
Organized & Instructed 1 IMAC Judging School, Fayetteville, NC. Assisted by Ty Lyman.
Score Keeper / Assistant Emcee at the recent Clover Creek Invitational in Tennessee.

South East Assistant Regional Director 2008, North Carolina
AMA Contest Director / AMA # 6724
AMA Experimental Aircraft Inspector
Member: Confederate Airfarce, Greenville, South Carolina

Hello, my name is Kent Porter. I have been nominated for the executive position of President. I was introduced to Model Aviation November, 1996. From that time forward I have grown to admire airplanes. I was introduced to IMAC in June, 2003 at the Matt Chapman Youth Masters held at the Triple Tree Aerodrome Woodruff, South Carolina home of the Confederate Airfarce. I attended the WSRC Fall IMAC as a spectator October, 2003 in Mocksville, NC. This is where it all begins! I joined IMAC in 2004. Now, I Eat, Sleep and Breathe IMAC!
From past to present we have seen IMAC grow in all entities, from the size of our models to the size of our International appeal. There’s still room to grow. I have my sights set on a World IMAC Competition and pushing forward with our International Standardization and affiliation.
First things first! Safety! We must assemble a safety committee. I have seen too many occasions where safety has been overlooked. We all need to keep this thought in our minds. Safety First! I can see online safety discussions in our future. Safety Officers strategically located in our regions.
I will lead our organization and help to increase the knowledge of our Contest Guide, Rules and Regulations and our Flying & Judging Guide by implementing an online judging certification program for all IMAC members. Supply recognition and certificates for each level of completion. In addition I will push for a budget to hold an annual International Flying & Judging Seminar to be hosted by a different region each year.
IMAC must increase its communication between the executive officers, regional directors and the general membership. Already indicated in our bylaws, I believe that all minutes of meetings should be posted on our web site for members to read. I will also like to allow a general member to sit in all board meetings. This member will be a guest of an appointed regional director. Create an online group for IMAC members only for monthly question and answer sessions.
Elections of executive board and regional directors held on opposing years. Holding a centrally located annual membership meeting where the election process can be started. With this the members will have personal contact with nominated candidates and will have a chance to hear views from each candidate.
Increasing membership is a very important task. I will create incentive programs for new members. Appoint a membership committee to oversee member’s status. Stop the lapsing of memberships by contacting members before their membership expires.
The regional points system should be left up to the individual regional directors. This is a region by region ruling and should be the regional director’s decision as is his regional contest as long as he/she follows our guidelines. I will assist the regional directors in deciding a fair and non bias system for their region.
I will implement a file that provides member information for our contest directors and scorekeepers to lessen the work load at contest time by providing membership status to date and IMAC numbers as well as AMA numbers. This file will contain every current IMAC member to date and will be available to contest directors by request.
Observe progress of membership, sequence, rules and other appointed committees to assure forward progress.
Reach out to you, the member. Listen to each and every one of you and think through task at hand in a thorough and decisive manner.
I look forward to seeing each and every one of you out on the IMAC trail.
I will work closely with all elected Officers and Regional Directors to enhance your IMAC experience as a positive one.

Vote Kent Porter for IMAC President
Thank you for your vote.

Kent Porter

Name:	Vt56860.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	1032788  
Old 09-16-2008, 06:17 PM
Danny Baker

Name: Dan Baker

City/State: Nashville, Tenn.

Nominated for: IMAC Vice President

IMAC Membership: 12 years

Flying RC: 33 years

IMAC Experience: Competed in all classes starting with Basic 12 years ago. Competed in 5 Don Lowe World Masters events (4 events as warm-up pilot). Attended 4 Judging Schools, most recent in 2008. Judged in over 40 IMAC events. Judged at the Don Lowe World Masters event. Alabama Assistant Regional Director 04' & 05'. Visited and participated in IMAC events in three regions. Helped to organize and put on three IMAC boot camps.

IMAC Goals: As Vice President of IMAC I will be directly responsible for the "operations" of IMAC, starting with your experience in the local meets and leading up to our NATS. We must institute a membership drive ASAP to get our operating capital back to par. This drive will be a "bring a friend" to a meet and benifit you the current IMAC member for helping. We have lost approx 15% of our members over the past months due to membership dues not being renewed. I will be putting in a program where as each member will be personally contacted if their membership expires.

There is an opportunity for IMAC to go international in 2009. Currently we are suppling material to other countries to put on their contests. However, their dues stays within that country. We will be asking for these countries to incorporate with US-IMAC in exchange for the full service that you see today as an IMAC member in the United States. This will be my most important project assigned to me if elected.

Being a liaison for the members of IMAC so I can pass on your wishes to the respective committee member will be very important. As well as communication back to you with the answers to your questions.

Currently our Judging Schools are not being held in every regional. This became a problem at our recent NATS with pilots not knowing all the rules. We will finacially support all regions to have at least one Judging School per year, even if we have to fly staff in to put the school on.

Working with all the BOD members, RD's, and Contest Directors to be sure that IMAC is moving forward each day will also be part of my tenor.

Thank you for your vote,

Dan Baker
Old 09-23-2008, 08:03 AM
exeter_acres

Here is my Bio/Intro for Southeast Regional Director

My name is Curtis Cozier and I would like your vote as the Southeast Regional Director.
Although, I may be new to the Southeast region, I think my high level of energy and excitement towards IMAC and the people who enjoy it would be a great asset to the Southeast Region.
I have been flying R/C for four years and this is my third year in IMAC. I have attended the North Central judge’s seminar twice and the Southeast/ National seminar once.
I currently compete in the Intermediate class. I have flown in the Tucson Aerobatic shootout, “The Nats” twice, and competed at Clover Creek. I also was a judge that The Nats and at Clover Creek, and was invited to Judge at the Extreme Flight Championships. In my three short years in IMAC, I have averaged competing in 10 contests per year which demonstrates my commitment and excitement towards this sport. Attending this many contests gives me the opportunity to see our members on a face to face basis and discuss, in person, the issues of IMAC. In my time here in the Southeast Region, I have travelled and competed in just about every corner of our region, meeting wonderful people along the way and making great friends too.
In the North Central Region, I was the Asst. Regional Director and was responsible for the regional website, and all scoring tabulations and updates. Sunday after returning from contests, after greeting my family, I would do my best to have the wrap up and scores posted before the day ended. I felt that if I didn’t have scores posted by Monday after a contest, I had failed the membership.
I worked in the Hotel industry for many years and then at ADP in various technical positions for several years, where I met my wife of 9 years. After leaving the corporate world and being a stay at home dad, I joined the hobby industry at Riders Hobby shop where I quickly moved to manage the airplane and helicopter department. After moving to Atlanta at the end of 2007, I joined the crew at Atlanta hobby, and just recently started working as Operations Manager at Extreme Flight R/C, a company with a commitment to IMAC and its members.
My wife and great 8 year old son have pledged their total support towards this endeavor.
One of my key issues as Regional Director, should I be honored with that position, is communication with all of our regional members, via any and all means possible as to the current status and goals of IMAC, whether that be via electronic means like email, internet forums, and the IMAC website or via traditional means like a newsletter.
I will do my best to continue the growth of IMAC to bring more members on board and share the excitement and fun that is IMAC. I would work closely with all the other regions and all officers and members of IMAC to continue towards the goal of International and National consistency of rules and contest standards. Communication with judges and contest directors, as well as the membership at large is essential to maintain the high standards that IMAC currently upholds.
As my first few years in IMAC were involved the North Central region, I have first hand knowledge of some of the differences and inconsistencies that we have experienced in the past. While we are on the right track to develop consistent national standards, my experience can help drive this initiative.
In my short, but deep involvement in IMAC I have developed a wonderful network of friends across the Country that can only assist in these goals. Upon moving to the Southeast region, I knew I had found my new IMAC family at the first Southeast contest I attended. The Southeast membership has made me feel welcome at every turn, and I’m sure I’ve gained a bit of weight due to the great food at all the contests!
I love bringing my family to contests and knowing that my wife and son will always feel welcomed as well. And my team of flamingoes has loved it here too!
It would be an honor to be your representative and I feel confident that my experience, enthusiasm and positive energy that I bring to every contest will allow me to be a contributing factor in making the Southeast Region a better region.
I hope you will consider voting for me as your next Southeast Regional Director.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:39 PM
sewbusy

Name: Mark McClellan
City/State: Claremont, NC
Nominated for: IMAC Southeast Regional Director
IMAC Membership: Since 2000 - IMAC # 2711

Hello, my name is Mark McClellan and I am running for IMAC Southeast Regional Director. I was born in Pensacola, Florida and have lived most of my life in North Carolina. I have been flying radio-controlled aircraft for more than twenty years. I have been president of my local flying club for over ten years. After flying one year in Basic, one year in Sportsman, one year in Intermediate, and one year in Advanced, I have flown the last four years in the Unlimited Class.

I have attended several judging seminars over the past few years and have been asked to judge various events such as the “Tucson Shootout” and more recently the “Clover Creek Invitational.” I’ve made friends all over the east coast and those friendships are one of the main reasons I enjoy traveling to contests. It really is a lot of fun for me to compete in the IMAC competitions and spend time with all of you.

Since I starting flying IMAC, I have seen many good and positive changes within the organization. I believe we can continue to grow and make even more progress to IMAC as a whole that will benefit all of the members throughout the entire region. I have personally attended contests in every state that has offered one this year in our region, except Alabama, which I hope to attend later this season. I also would like to plan to attend next year’s NATS to help out wherever I am needed and experience the excitement of the event.

As Southeast Regional Director, I feel it would be important for me to travel throughout the territory during the year and hear the voices and concerns of members in the entire region. I am looking forward to working with the elected officers to bring improvements to IMAC. I would be proud to represent you and will give voice to members in every area of the Southeast.
I would appreciate your vote for Southeast Regional Director. Thank you in advance for your time and kind consideration.

See ya’ on the field!

Name:	Fd90697.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	1040302  
Old 10-06-2008, 06:41 PM
AmericanSpectre505

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I vote for Wayne M.

Billl Holsten
Old 10-06-2008, 06:42 PM
AmericanSpectre505

No disrespect to anyone else,....the man has worked hard to preserve IMAC.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:28 AM
sewbusy

ORIGINAL: advanced2

I vote for Wayne M.

Billl Holsten
Thanks guys..... I'm running for the position of Secretary.....Remember, you have to be a signed up member of IMAC to vote....so please do so prior to November 1-7 when the voting will commence on the IMAC website.

How has it been going Bill?? Haven't seen you on the circuit in a while. Hope to see you at a contest soon. Say HI to Louis for me.
Regards,
Wayne
Old 10-07-2008, 07:39 AM
AmericanSpectre505

Hello Wayne,

Been back flying the circuit since 2006,....2006 was a warm up coming back,...Pattern (F3A/FAI) only. I will be returning to IMAC next year flying a new Fliton 150cc, Extra 260 and still continue to fly pattern. Been humbling to come back after some years off

I have plans for a contest here next year near Myrtle Beach,...need to get club approval first. The last contest I CD'd was in 1996,...so I may need some assistance in organizing.[8D]

Good luck to all of you guys!

Bill Holsten
Fliton Team Pilot/Field Rep.
SouthEast