IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

I would like to serve you as Southeast Regional Director

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 09:02 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I would like to serve you as Southeast Regional Director

Well folks, after long consideration and discussion, I have decided that I would like to run for Southeast Regional Director.
I have not taken this decision lightly.
Below is my Bio and Intro sheet.
I am excited about the challenges ahead and hope to help the Southeast Region to grow and continue on the great path that it is on, with the opportunity to improve as well.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Curtis Cozier

My name is Curtis Cozier and I would like your vote as the Southeast Regional Director.
Although, I may be new to the Southeast region, I think my high level of energy and excitement towards IMAC and the people who enjoy it would be a great asset to the Southeast Region.
I have been flying R/C for four years and this is my third year in IMAC. I have attended the North Central judge’s seminar twice and the Southeast/ National seminar once.
I currently compete in the Intermediate class. I have flown in the Tucson Aerobatic shootout, “The Nats” twice, and competed at Clover Creek. I also was a judge that The Nats and at Clover Creek, and was invited to Judge at the Extreme Flight Championships. In my three short years in IMAC, I have averaged competing in 10 contests per year which demonstrates my commitment and excitement towards this sport. Attending this many contests gives me the opportunity to see our members on a face to face basis and discuss, in person, the issues of IMAC. In my time here in the Southeast Region, I have travelled and competed in just about every corner of our region, meeting wonderful people along the way and making great friends too.
In the North Central Region, I was the Asst. Regional Director and was responsible for the regional website, and all scoring tabulations and updates. Sunday after returning from contests, after greeting my family, I would do my best to have the wrap up and scores posted before the day ended. I felt that if I didn’t have scores posted by Monday after a contest, I had failed the membership.
I worked in the Hotel industry for many years and then at ADP in various technical positions for several years, where I met my wife of 9 years. After leaving the corporate world and being a stay at home dad, I joined the hobby industry at Riders Hobby shop where I quickly moved to manage the airplane and helicopter department. After moving to Atlanta at the end of 2007, I joined the crew at Atlanta hobby, and just recently started working as Operations Manager at Extreme Flight R/C, a company with a commitment to IMAC and its members.
My wife and great 8 year old son have pledged their total support towards this endeavor.
One of my key issues as Regional Director, should I be honored with that position, is communication with all of our regional members, via any and all means possible as to the current status and goals of IMAC, whether that be via electronic means like email, internet forums, and the IMAC website or via traditional means like a newsletter.
I will do my best to continue the growth of IMAC to bring more members on board and share the excitement and fun that is IMAC. I would work closely with all the other regions and all officers and members of IMAC to continue towards the goal of International and National consistency of rules and contest standards. Communication with judges and contest directors, as well as the membership at large is essential to maintain the high standards that IMAC currently upholds.
As my first few years in IMAC were involved the North Central region, I have first hand knowledge of some of the differences and inconsistencies that we have experienced in the past. While we are on the right track to develop consistent national standards, my experience can help drive this initiative.
In my short, but deep involvement in IMAC I have developed a wonderful network of friends across the Country that can only assist in these goals. Upon moving to the Southeast region, I knew I had found my new IMAC family at the first Southeast contest I attended. The Southeast membership has made me feel welcome at every turn, and I’m sure I’ve gained a bit of weight due to the great food at all the contests!
I love bringing my family to contests and knowing that my wife and son will always feel welcomed as well. And my team of flamingoes has loved it here too!
It would be an honor to be your representative and I feel confident that my experience, enthusiasm and positive energy that I bring to every contest will allow me to be a contributing factor in making the Southeast Region a better region.
I hope you will consider voting for me as your next Southeast Regional Director.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20609.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	1035032