IMAC in MARYLAND????

Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

IMAC in MARYLAND????

Old 05-25-2003, 01:15 AM
alex24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IMAC in MARYLAND????

where do you guys fly and practice IMAC in MD?? Any clubs, fields??? I'm moving to MD in the next month near the TOWSON, COCKEYSVILLE area? will travel!!
Thanks
Alex
Old 05-25-2003, 10:09 PM
DMichael
My Feedback: (5)

There are a number of active IMAC flyers in the Baltimore/Washington area. Though living in the nearby DC suburbs Andy Kane (Team JR, Master's competitor), Rob Sarlan (NE Region Director, IMAC and Masters competior), Don Szczur (Team JR, TOC pilot, Master's competitor) and others fly regularly and almost exclusively aerobatic planes. Though I understand that he doesn't fly much anymore, Steve Stricker lives in Baltimore as well.

There are also a number of clubs- in Baltimore, the SWAP club (southwest area park) is located near 95 and 695 southwest of the city - and happens to be holding an IMAC contest next weekend (May 31-June 1).

There have already been a couple of contests in these parts- one in April over on the "eastern shore" of Maryland (the other side of the Chesapeake Bay), and one out in Virginia, west of DC (probaby about 2 hours drive from where you are moving). In July, we are holding the Capital IMAC- in Bowie, MD, located east of Washington DC- probably about an hour from Towson. There are a couple of contests coming up later this year - one in Pennsylvania along the NJ/PA border (probably about 3 hours drive) and on in New York that is approximately 4 hours drive away. There is also an annual contest up in Harrisburg, PA that is less than 2 hours drive away but that contest has been postponed this year due to frequency interference problems. All in all, there are about 7 contests for you anywhere from 20 minutes to 4 hours away.

When will you be done moving? Hope you can make one or more of these contests- especially the local ones. When you get town, drop me a note at [email protected]. The group of IMAC flyers get together most weekends and we would love to see you there.

Dave Michael
Laurel, MD

All in all,
Old 05-26-2003, 03:34 PM
alex24

thanks for your reply.... I am moving like in the last days of june!! I have to take an exam so I can finish my MBA and then i will move to maryland!!!
wow there some competitions in this area... I love it!!!
I will contact you when i am ready to go...
Last summer i when to two flying fields.. one the RCMB and the other one. the field where the TOC of maryland gets place.. Both are on grass.. Pretty good!!!
Keep flying,
Alex
Old 06-08-2003, 09:34 PM
dxe

Default IMAC

All

Just a note to let you all know there will be a major IMAC event in Eastern Maryland Aug 2 and 3 2003 - check out http://home.hvc.rr.com/aerobatix/NEIMAC2003.htm

be sure to pre-register
Old 06-11-2003, 12:36 AM
Flug

Default IMAC In Bowie

I am interested in the IMAC contest in Bowie. Is there a pre reg. for that as well. Who's the P.O.C. I know knowone.
Old 06-11-2003, 12:46 AM
dxe

The CAPI is in Bowie Md July 11 and 12. You can get more info on this on the IMAC web page www.mini-iac.com

My contest is Aug 2 and 3 about 40 minutes from the CAPI site on the eastern shore. More infor for my event is on the IMAC site and http://home.hvc.rr.com/aerobatix/NEIMAC2003.htm

I can't speak for the CAPI folks but I am offering a registration discount for first time competitiors
Old 06-11-2003, 01:16 AM
Flug

Default Thanks.

By the way...what do you mean by unknown sequences. Do you hand out the sequence at the meet? Or is this for another part of the event?

Thanks

John
Old 06-11-2003, 10:17 AM
dxe

Most IMAC events will fly the IMAC known sequences for all classes. Generally you will get to fly it at least 4 times, sometimes 6 or 8. Depeneding how many times, sequences are dropped. To make things a little spicsy, unknowns are handed out Saturday after flying. You get one shot at it Sunday morning.

Dan