IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

G26 Question - IMAC

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 05:29 PM
eness76-RCU
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G26 Question - IMAC

Guys, I've got a lightly wingloaded 8.5lb Laser with a strong running ASP 1.08, a 16*6 APC around 9k rpm, in the nose. I want to try IMAC, but I'm a little shy on power for the larger maneuvers like the Diamond loop with rolls. I'm a little cramped on space for fuel, so I don't want to go larger glow cause I'm not sure I'll get both sequences in on one tank of fuel, so I'm looking small gas. I have some wing loading to give away(currently about 23.6oz/sqft), so I'm not terribly worried about the weight gain, but I'm wondering if I step up to a G26 if it'll have the ummph I'm looking for. Will it yank this thing at 9.5-10lbs? Anybody have any prop numbers or anything like that they could share? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks,
Eric
I'm barely unlimited vertically right now, and I need this thing to really yank for the upline roll.
Old 06-05-2003, 04:44 AM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Use a conversion engine

I'd use a Ryobi 31cc gasser on electronic ignition. Or if you want it totally nuts-- use a Poulan 42cc on electronic ignition.

Both can be had for pennies compared to the Zenoah or any other commercially made gasser. Plenty of people around this board that can machine the parts for you and sell you the ignition system.

I built a 54cc Poulan engine for $230 complete with synchro-spark ignition. It is swinging a Zinger 22-8 at about 6900RPM. You can probably build a Ryobi for under $175. The ignition will cost you the most. But it's worth it. It will save you weight and make it easier to start.
Old 06-07-2003, 02:14 PM
CrashMeister
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G26 Question - IMAC

At that weight consider a RCS 1.40. It's lightweight. See the ZDZ website for details.

Craig.