Aerworks 42% Ultmate

Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Aerworks 42% Ultmate

Old 06-06-2003, 06:26 PM
rvanbare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerworks 42% Ultmate

Has anybody received or flown or have experience with this Aeroworks kit ,airplane or flying capabilities of theis airplane. If so what power, prop , weight or any other important factors can you pass on.

Thank you ,
Rusty Van Baren
Old 06-06-2003, 06:50 PM
flyinrazrback
My Feedback: (69)

I think so far the only one flying is Chip Hyde's that he flew at the TOC, if someone else has one, it hasnt been posted on here, there seems more discussion and anticipation on the Hangar 9 Ultimate instead. I guess since its a lot cheaper.
Old 06-06-2003, 07:51 PM
rvanbare

I personally have ordered the Aeroworks 42% after talking with Chip. I was looking at the Hanger 9 Ultimate because of price. After speaking with Chip he pointed out the airfoil was much thicker and did not have a airfoiled stab. Also the weight will probably be 3 to 5 pounds heavier than the aeroworks Ultimate. He justified the flying wires as a substantial strenght enhancer and drag to slow airplane down on the down lines. Hanger 9 probaly built more strength into the airframe which also adds more weight . Flying wires are probably much lighter than than the structure added for strength in the Hanger 9 Ultimate.

I will be powering it with a 3W 160 four cylinder, which Chip powered his original Ultimate . There is some question whether the DA 200 will be available in quantity since the TOC has been canceled. Dave Johnson would be the authority on that matter.

I am looking forward to flying my Aeroworks Ultimate.
Old 06-07-2003, 05:30 PM
TorkRollN
My Feedback: (22)

Default Get it yet?

Hi Rusty,

Did you get your Aeroworks Ultimate yet?

I saw one at the display booth in the vendor aisle at the Joe Nall and I INSTANTLY fell in love with it. I had seen pictures in magazines before but had never seen one in person.

Later in the day Chip showed up with his. It only had the DA-150 in it and NOT the DA-200 but it still looked like it had good power.

I was standing around watching him fly and after he was done flying it, he said something to the effect of "That is the best flying plane I have ever flown". I truly believe that was his honest opinion. Maybe it was a sales pitch, I don't know. But, he didn't know I was watching and it looked to me like he was just flying, having a good time. This was the first time I had ever seen Chip fly, in person.

Hey, you should post some pics and your general thoughts as you build it.

Know, I just have to figure out how to get the money so I can buy one!

Barry Finck
Grantville, PA
Old 06-08-2003, 01:03 AM
DMichael
My Feedback: (5)

A local fellow here in the DC area ordered one at the Nall- $2k covered and painted- a great deal. He will be putting a ZDZ 210 on it which I think will be absolutely perfect for that plane.

If anyone saw Andy Kane's big Composite ARF Yak at the Nall, he had the same engine- it pulled the plane around very nicely.

Dave
Old 06-09-2003, 01:57 PM
rvanbare

Barry,

I received bottom wing and cowl on Friday and they looked awesome. Great Covering with checkerboard and nice clean workmanship throughout.

I have known Chip personnally for many years and he would have told me the straight info on the airplane and that is why I went for this airplane.

I have sent my 3W 160 four cylinder to Dave Johnson at Desert Aircraft to have his ignition put on the engine and convert the carbs back to gas instead of alcohol. The 160 has a tremendous amount of power and even Dave Johnson said it would have plenty of power.

The ZDZ 210 looks like an excellent choice. I was considering that engine if I didn't feel my 3w 160 would work out.

This airplane should be a real kick to fly.

Rusty Van Baren