Help in bay area

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 02:06 AM
patternflyer1
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help in bay area

Hey guys,

I am wanting to compete in my first IMAC contest this year. I have a H-9 33% Extra. This is my first gasser. I have it complete but need help in setting up the Equalizers and someone showing me how to start the zdz 80 without chopping my hand off. lol I've had this plane done for over 3 years and haven't started it because I don't like hand flipping. Just got new lipos all around for it, so I'm ready to do this!!!
I'm thinking Salinas could be the one. Maybe I'll just bring it out to Hollister one Sunday when we are practicing pattern and see if one of you cats will help me. Anyone close to Tracy, Ca??

Thanks!!

Chris
Old 02-12-2009, 12:30 PM
ExFokkerFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Help in bay area

deleted
Old 02-14-2009, 01:24 PM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

If I read your post right,you've had a plane sitting for three years because your afraid to hand start it!!. There's a lot of electric starters on the market. I've been hand starting 150cc and bigger by hand for years with no problems. That ZDZ with the throttle set at idle won't backfire. By now your batteries may not be any good unless you've maintained them.
Get that plane out and fly it. It won't bite. Dennis
Old 02-17-2009, 02:44 AM
patternflyer1
My Feedback: (11)

Yeah, I hear ya bro. Just not a hand flipper, never have been. Just looking for some help really the first time. I'll find someone locally I guess. No worries.

Oh, batts are all new Lipo's. 2 Rec and 1 ign..

Thanks!!

Chris
Old 04-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Big Mike

Pattern flyer

I can't believe you haven't hooked up with someone at the East Bay Radio Controllers club in Pleasanton. There are several serious IMAC guys at that club and the best facilties around. I noticed however they restrict gas engined planes to certain days. Also the Radio Control Fliers Unlimited club in Oakdale sometimes host IMAC contests.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:55 AM
delateurj

Chris,

Despite everyone hand flipping, I was hesitant as well. I use a paint roller and it works well. Besides the psychological factor of not having to put my hand in the prop arc, I get a little extra leverage.

I am a member at Tomcats and Hollister. Usually at least one to eight experienced helpful gas flyer out there most weekends. My first time starting my DA 50 I got lots of great help just by mentioning it was my first gas plane.. Get out about once a month, hopefully more frequently as I am finishing a project at work. Feel free to pm me if you are planning to go out and I'll let you know if I'll be there.

Have fun,
Joe.