Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

$20,000 FreeStyle IMAC Texas Shootout! 9/25/09

Old 08-09-2009, 11:45 PM
I Buy Houses

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $20,000 FreeStyle IMAC Texas Shootout! 9/25/09

$20,000 2009 Texas ShootOut

3D Free Style / TAG Program /IMAC Event.

September 26th-27th

We have over $20,000 worth of prizes to Raffle and give away at the event.

So Come make this an event to remember. Even if you can't make it take advantage of the Amazing Fund Raiser Raffle with Thousands of dollars in prizes to be given away. The Best part you don't have to be present to win and each ticket gives you 15 chances to win!

We will also be raffling off the following with more to come:
1st Prize: $5,000.00 33% 3W Aerobatic plane RTF.
2nd Prize: $3,000.00 30% Composite 50cc RTF airplane
3rd Prize: DA-100 with mufflers
4th Prize: Hangar 9 33% Sukhoi SU-26MM ARF
5th Prize: Extreme Flight Chinn Yak RTF Saito .82, JR 8611A's
6th Prize: DA-85 W/Slimline Pitts Muffler
7th Prize: DA-50 W/Slimline Pitts Muffler
8th - 15th Prizes: Check the website for updates. www.Jetero.com

Anyone can get in on the Action! Each ticket = 15 chances to win.
Raffle tickets for over $15,000 worth of prizes are:

$20 each ticket or 3 for $50 or 8 for $100.

Payment for Donation Raffle Tickets: [email protected]

You can mail in payment for Raffle Tickets to our club Treasurer:
Jetero IMAC Raffle
7607 Hurst Forest Dr
Humble, TX. 77346

You do not need to be present to win any of the Raffle prizes but shipping costs are up to the winner.

Tickets at contest will be awarded as follows:
* 1 Ticket with each pilot Registration (2 tickets if you pre-register 9/10/09)
* 1 Ticket for each new IMAC pilot with IMAC registration
* 1st Place in each category wins 3 Raffle Tickets
* 2nd Place in each category wins 2 Raffle Tickets
* 3rd Place in each category wins 1 Raffle Ticket

You or anyone attending or not, may also purchase additional tickets with all proceeds going to the Jetero RC Club to help pay for the Rebuild of the club after the damage of Hurricane IKE in 2008.

Even if you have never competed in a contest you can enter the Basic Class which consists of 10 maneuvers, including a 45 degree upline, a roll, Hammerhead, a loop, etc. The Best part is you can fly any plane you want in the Basic Class. These are the same maneuvers we all usually fly when we are burning holes in the sky. So bring your bird out and Join us for some good ole Texas Hospitality!

Here are a couple of links to video of the Basic Routine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quRhGEeFdPs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmXql4WEO2c

It is that simple

In addition we'll have some of the top pilots in the world at the event so you'll get to meet them and learn from them.

Brett Wickizer Wold FAI Team Member, XFC Competitor Rick Byrd (I'll update more as I get confirmation)

The format we are going to follow is Saturday Start the IMAC contest at 8am with the 1st plane in the air at 8:30am. We’ll fly all day getting 2-4 full rounds of flying in (depending on the number of attendees).

Event is limited to 60 Registered Pilots

Classes:
• Basic (introductory class fly any aircraft you want)
• Sportsman
• Intermediate
• Advanced
• Unlimited
• Freestyle (This is a combo of 3D and precision flying. Usually
done to music) Know to Spectators as "The AirShow"

We will then have the 1st round of the Freestyle Contest after the IMAC rounds are completed.

If your not familiar with the TAG Program (Take off and Grow) it was developed by the AMA to generate interest in our hobby. Spectators will have the opportunity to get to fly RC models.

Sunday we’ll start at the same time and fly 1-2 rounds of IMAC then have the final round of freestyle and then have the TAG program the rest of the day while we do the prizes and awards. We are also going to provide a certificate of completion for each and every TAG participant we have.

The event is really geared to getting new people to try out precision aerobatic flying. We will have extra incentives for 1st time competitors and bigger larger trophies and more awards for the entry level class. BASIC is the Introductory level class and you can fly any airplane you want. We’ll have people at the event to help educate new comers so they can have a great time and do well.

We will be advertising at the local schools and churches as well as the local full scale airfields for a “Remote Control Airshow “ This will hopefully help attract a large spectator following. We are expecting over 500 spectators for the Freestyle portion ie RC AIRSHOW

In addition we are expecting Radio and TV Coverage as well as the local newspaper.

We have also gotten some verbal commitments to help support and promote us from the following:

• Great Day Houston TV Show
• HEB Grocery Stores
• Desert Aircraft
• 42% Products
• Higher Plane Productions
• Micro Fasteners
• Riches Brew
• RC Hobby Shop Sugarland
• Cermark
• Hobby Lobby
• Flying Giants
• RC Universe
• Smart Fly
• Blazing Wings
• Tru-Turn Spinners
• Carden Aircraft

Several more are on the way. Check the Website for Updates and more information http://www.jetero.com/imac.htm

We look forward to having you fly with us and if you have any questions please let us know.

Damon [email protected] (713) 259-0449 cell
John [email protected] (713) 594-8901 cell
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93229.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	288.6 KB
ID:	1253552  
Old 08-31-2009, 11:12 PM
I Buy Houses

Default RE: $20,000 FreeStyle IMAC Texas Shootout! 9/25/09

Wanted to give everyone an Update. Today Sept. 1st

1. Total Prizes are now at $30,000.00 ($15K for Pilot Prizes and $15K for the Main Raffle)

2. The Field is complete. Shelter is up, Kitchen is running, electrical is active. The field is RTF!

3. Raffle Ticket sales are only at 29 so buy some tickets. YOUR CHANCES ARE AWESOME ! ! ! !
Old 10-04-2009, 10:58 PM
I Buy Houses

Texas ShootOut is in books. What an amazing event.

Thanks to all who made it so memorable and if you missed it you have to make it next year!

Check out the Video:

[link=http://vimeo.com/6899581]Texas Shoot Out Video[/link]
Old 03-01-2010, 01:33 PM
I Buy Houses

2010 is on the Books.

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9545664/anchors_9545664/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#9545664]2010 Texas ShootOut Details [/link]