Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Texas Shootout

Howdy!!

WE are gearing up for a great weekend of flying at the Texas Shootout. I would like to let the pilots know ahead of time that Basic and Sportsman are loaded with roughly 20 pilots in each class and will have to be flown on separate flight lines. We will be getting an early start to make sure we get a full 2 rounds in as we have a total of roughly 60 pilots that will be attending. We will be starting Sportsman and Basic first with a pilots meeting at 7:30 and hopefully wheels up at no later than 8:30. The field will be open for practice Friday we welcome campers and RV's(no hookups). WE have a lot of room but it is not unlimited of course.

Should be a great time so everybody come out and be ready to have some fun!!

Oh, and by the way ..I hear there are some raffle tickets left.....;-)

4u2nv
    AMA 4216
    power corrupts...
    absolute power corrupts absolutely

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Texas Shootout

4u2nv-RCU
    Sounds like fun. One problem though where is the field and what are the fees. Just thought I'd ask.
    Terry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jetero is located approx. 15 miles East of Humble Texas just of FM1960. WE are about 45 mile northeast of Downtown Houston.We have a map on our website.

http://www.jetero.com

There is a $40 pilots fee that gets a Saturday lunch and entry into a pilot raffle that has a bunch of cool stuff. There is a flyer for the event at the website as well.

We are also running a separate raffle that has a bunch of other cool stuff including a 2.6m Yak with all the goodies.

Come on out and have some fun!

power corrupts...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

how wet is the field for parking my RV-I know you have had some rain the last several days-thanks
    \"IF YOU HAVE TOO MANY AIRPLANES -FLY BOLDLY AND REDUCE YOUR NUMBER\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

We've had about an inch of rain the past three days. The field was very dry from the summer so I would guess it is still quite firm. I will be out to the field early Friday but havent been there at all this week. It looks like we are expecting a 30% chance at some rain but it has been hit and miss type stuff that doesnt last too long. Enough clouds to keep the heat down in the day and down into the 60's at night. Almost winter type stuff for around here ;-)

Gonna be fun!!
    power corrupts...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Any news about Texas Shootout? I be across the pond.

Pat Willcox-Jetero
    Pat Willcox-AMA-262; Dist VIII AVP-CD
    pwillcox@mac.com; www.jetero.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Fan-fxxking FANTASTIC, PAT.

I suppose you have Larry's email by now with the links to the report. It was great. Larry, Damon, et.al. really pulled the rabbit out of the hat. 63 pilots. multi-thousands $$ in awards, I won 11th in the 15 prize raffle. A $275 ELECTRIC machine with everything to get it ready except a radio which I have sufficient.
    Sunday afternoon while a lot of sport stuff was being done, several of us run 43 TAG Program newbies through simulators and buddy-cord time.

Late start on Sat AM by about 3 hours because of low ceilings. Had to send a weather ship up several times to check ceiling.

Then the clouds broke, low humidity in low '80s, almost no wind, very gentle from So.Wst.

Beautiful 2 days. Sold out of food on Sun. even after a 2nd shopping spree Sat. PM. Spectators by the dozens. I suspect at least 5 new adult members will come to Jetero.

Btw, I heard many good raves about Mike and his friends doing the CL combat during a lunch break.

Great wx, great industry support, great participation, great planning and execution, How could it be any better? [sm=thumbup.gif]
    Horrace Cain AMA L-93

“Peace is the brief glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.\" T. Jefferson

Ready for 2010 Raffle and all !

Texas ShootOut 2010 Details

$20,000 Raffle For Anyone/ 3D Freestyle / IMAC TX ShootOut 9/25/10
    http://www.jetero.com/imac.htm

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Why do club members try to rush a fellar into IMAC when I have no interest in Imac at all ???? This crap makes me look for another hobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Raffle tickets are in and ready for sale. Several ways to purchase them, from club members and Pay Pal. Great prizes being raffled off for details go to http://www.jetero.com/imac.htm also link to Pay Pal for Registration and Tickets. For more details visit the link above. Remember you do not have to be present to win.

Top 15 Prizes so far are:
    1. Extreme Flight 88” Extra RTF
    2. Mojo 60 GK 115 RTF
    3. Extreme Flight 110” Yak ARF
    4. DA-100 w/Mufflers
    5. Aero Works Extra 104” ARF
    6. H9 Aristi OS .91 RTF
    7. 50cc SBACH 89” ARF
    8. E-Flite P-38 Elec. RTF
    9. Peak Models SU-29 / DLE 30 ARF
    10. E-Flite Extra 260 RTF
    11. E-Flite Brio 10 RTF
    12. Geat Planes 50cc Cap 232 ARF
    13. Spektrum Alpha 40 RTF
    14. Desert Aircraft Gift Certificate
    15. Parkzone Corsair PNP
    More prizes coming everyday the 15 most valuable (Expensive) will go on the main raffle that anyone can win all the others will be pilot only
    raffle.

Check Website for updates, Pics and Videos http://www.jetero.com/imac.htm
    Carl Goldberg Ultimate Brotherhood member 35