Texas Shootout

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 10:47 AM
4u2nv-RCU
My Feedback: (28)

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Texas Shootout

Howdy!!

WE are gearing up for a great weekend of flying at the Texas Shootout. I would like to let the pilots know ahead of time that Basic and Sportsman are loaded with roughly 20 pilots in each class and will have to be flown on separate flight lines. We will be getting an early start to make sure we get a full 2 rounds in as we have a total of roughly 60 pilots that will be attending. We will be starting Sportsman and Basic first with a pilots meeting at 7:30 and hopefully wheels up at no later than 8:30. The field will be open for practice Friday we welcome campers and RV's(no hookups). WE have a lot of room but it is not unlimited of course.

Should be a great time so everybody come out and be ready to have some fun!!

Oh, and by the way ..I hear there are some raffle tickets left.....;-)

4u2nv
AMA 4216
Old 09-23-2009, 01:31 PM
Lazer
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Texas Shootout

4u2nv-RCU
Sounds like fun. One problem though where is the field and what are the fees. Just thought I'd ask.
Terry
Old 09-23-2009, 01:40 PM
4u2nv-RCU

Jetero is located approx. 15 miles East of Humble Texas just of FM1960. WE are about 45 mile northeast of Downtown Houston.We have a map on our website.

http://www.jetero.com

There is a $40 pilots fee that gets a Saturday lunch and entry into a pilot raffle that has a bunch of cool stuff. There is a flyer for the event at the website as well.

We are also running a separate raffle that has a bunch of other cool stuff including a 2.6m Yak with all the goodies.

Come on out and have some fun!

Old 09-23-2009, 09:22 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how wet is the field for parking my RV-I know you have had some rain the last several days-thanks
Old 09-24-2009, 10:45 AM
4u2nv-RCU

We've had about an inch of rain the past three days. The field was very dry from the summer so I would guess it is still quite firm. I will be out to the field early Friday but havent been there at all this week. It looks like we are expecting a 30% chance at some rain but it has been hit and miss type stuff that doesnt last too long. Enough clouds to keep the heat down in the day and down into the 60's at night. Almost winter type stuff for around here ;-)

Gonna be fun!!
Old 09-27-2009, 11:41 AM
pat_willcox

Any news about Texas Shootout? I be across the pond.

Pat Willcox-Jetero
Old 09-29-2009, 03:58 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fan-fxxking FANTASTIC, PAT.

I suppose you have Larry's email by now with the links to the report. It was great. Larry, Damon, et.al. really pulled the rabbit out of the hat. 63 pilots. multi-thousands $$ in awards, I won 11th in the 15 prize raffle. A $275 ELECTRIC machine with everything to get it ready except a radio which I have sufficient.
Sunday afternoon while a lot of sport stuff was being done, several of us run 43 TAG Program newbies through simulators and buddy-cord time.

Late start on Sat AM by about 3 hours because of low ceilings. Had to send a weather ship up several times to check ceiling.

Then the clouds broke, low humidity in low '80s, almost no wind, very gentle from So.Wst.

Beautiful 2 days. Sold out of food on Sun. even after a 2nd shopping spree Sat. PM. Spectators by the dozens. I suspect at least 5 new adult members will come to Jetero.

Btw, I heard many good raves about Mike and his friends doing the CL combat during a lunch break.

Great wx, great industry support, great participation, great planning and execution, How could it be any better? [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 03-01-2010, 01:30 PM
I Buy Houses

Ready for 2010 Raffle and all !

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9545664/anchors_9545664/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#9545664]Texas ShootOut 2010 Details [/link]

Old 08-08-2010, 10:41 PM
Tazzyboy

Why do club members try to rush a fellar into IMAC when I have no interest in Imac at all ???? This crap makes me look for another hobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Reefrus

Raffle tickets are in and ready for sale. Several ways to purchase them, from club members and Pay Pal. Great prizes being raffled off for details go to http://www.jetero.com/imac.htm also link to Pay Pal for Registration and Tickets. For more details visit the link above. Remember you do not have to be present to win.

Top 15 Prizes so far are:
  1. Extreme Flight 88” Extra RTF
  2. Mojo 60 GK 115 RTF
  3. Extreme Flight 110” Yak ARF
  4. DA-100 w/Mufflers
  5. Aero Works Extra 104” ARF
  6. H9 Aristi OS .91 RTF
  7. 50cc SBACH 89” ARF
  8. E-Flite P-38 Elec. RTF
  9. Peak Models SU-29 / DLE 30 ARF
  10. E-Flite Extra 260 RTF
  11. E-Flite Brio 10 RTF
  12. Geat Planes 50cc Cap 232 ARF
  13. Spektrum Alpha 40 RTF
  14. Desert Aircraft Gift Certificate
  15. Parkzone Corsair PNP
More prizes coming everyday the 15 most valuable (Expensive) will go on the main raffle that anyone can win all the others will be pilot only
raffle.

Check Website for updates, Pics and Videos http://www.jetero.com/imac.htm