IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Only arf's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 06:26 PM
qwertypemdas
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Only arf's?

Well I've been flying my glow planes for some time now and they are all kit built. I don't like arf's and I never have. So I'm looking to get into IMAC flying but it seems all the planes are arf's. I know there has to be some gas KITs out there but i can't seem to find any. Can you guys please direct me to a website that has large scale aerobatic kits. I'm on a budget so 20-50cc is a good size to start out large scale I think. I don't get the deal about arf's, you go to the field and say "Oh look guys, check out my new plane that I didn't build and I don't know the internal quality of, I didn't even cover it myself so it looks the same as everyone elses and it cost a bunch of money" I'd rather spend some good time building and making it just the way I like it.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:44 AM
kjpsen

Default RE: Only arf's?

http://oriononline.cz/

Regards
Kjeld
Old 09-28-2009, 09:13 AM
qwertypemdas

looks pretty cool kjpsen but I'm in USA and I think it would be pretty bad trying to ship a large scale plane over seas.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:54 PM
firemedic305
My Feedback: (27)

http://www.precisioncutkits.com/

Bob Godfrey planes also
Old 10-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Jerry_Hailey

ORIGINAL: qwertypemdas

Well I've been flying my glow planes for some time now and they are all kit built. I don't like arf's and I never have. So I'm looking to get into IMAC flying but it seems all the planes are arf's. I know there has to be some gas KITs out there but i can't seem to find any. Can you guys please direct me to a website that has large scale aerobatic kits. I'm on a budget so 20-50cc is a good size to start out large scale I think. I don't get the deal about arf's, you go to the field and say ''Oh look guys, check out my new plane that I didn't build and I don't know the internal quality of, I didn't even cover it myself so it looks the same as everyone elses and it cost a bunch of money'' I'd rather spend some good time building and making it just the way I like it.
Look for a Brent Good Custom Airframe. He has custom kits that fly IMAC very well.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Brent G
My Feedback: (5)

Check out my build threads for my 50cc and 100cc yaks. Just search Brent Good Custom Airframes. I am just about done working out a deal with a manufacturer to start marketing my kits. We will be offering to start with the 50cc yak and the 100cc yak. I am currently working on finishing up the design on the 150cc yak. Future planes include the extra 260. I have also been asked to start working on some profile designs. I am like you I don't want to fly someone's arf. It doesn't save me any money building from scratch but I know how it was built and know that every thing is right! Plus I get a lot of satisfaction just in building. I started in rc back when YOU HAD TO BUILD IT! It gave me a better understanding for what makes a plane performe a certain way. That was about 25 years ago. I started designing planes because there were no or very few kits available. My designs are finally to a point that I think they are worth kitting. The planes fly great and I think you would be very happy with how they build and even more happy with how they fly!
Old 10-02-2009, 12:30 PM
GMONEY1
My Feedback: (5)

Carden Cuda.. 50cc kit build
http://www.carden-aircraft.com/
Old 10-11-2009, 11:03 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

The Cuda, while a great flying 50cc airplane, would only be legal for Basic class as it's not a scale airplane.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:01 AM
frankspeaks

There's a guy named Jack Strickland out of Marietta Ok over on the fg site, offers plans for a 30 & 40 percent laser.

It's scale, and is the grandfather of all these newer planes. It is within your abillity if your a kit builder and will outperform most of the arf's out there.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:29 PM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most "kits" are in the 33-43% size range.

Basically comes down to price. It costs the same to kit a 50cc or have an ARF. ARF's will sell faster so that is what is stocked.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:37 PM
qwertypemdas

Thanks for the info guys, whenever I build a kit it usually cost about twice as much as the arf but I just love to build. I'm probably going to abandone this forum because I just picked out my winter project.