Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: up-lines

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

up-lines

Hey,
    I was wondering if anyone has anything to say about power on up-lines vs hovering or torque rolling. In other words,,which takes more power?..Nice straight uplines with a few clean snaps thrown in or torque rolling? I realize that this is a whacked out question and there are many variables that could throw it either way..Still I think it is an interesting thing to ponder.

I have converted to the dark side and am now flying Electric. This has indroduced many new questions to my 15 years of flying.....Electric power feels so different than a da 100 or even a saito 180 for that matter......

you would think that power to weight is power to weight,,,no difference,,, i don't know,,maybe it is just the sound that makes it feel different,,and not seeing smoke...

Todd
    Go Big or Go home!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: up-lines

the drag of plane comes into play on uplines along with the pitch of the prop. sometimes a lower pitch is the 3d thing.
    smooth as silk!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Simple answer: Torque roll at 1/3 throttle, uplines with snaps and keep on truckin' done at full throttle.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks guys! it was helpful,,I especially like the torque at 1/3, full throttle on the upline! on the prop though,,should I prop higher pitch for uplines? and lower for torque rolls? I thought that high pitch was for speed and low pitch was for torque rolling and uplines,,,,I ordered the video on IMAC set-ups and figure that will answer all my questions, as well,,but I couldn't wait to get some input about it...

Thanks

Todd

Go Big or Go home!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Which video is that?