IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

NorthEast IMAC region contest directors and pilots

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 07:31 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NorthEast IMAC region contest directors and pilots

It's that time to start thinking about the 2010 season.

As many of you are aware, we had what has been billed as the best season ever in the NE region and we fully intend to keep that going this season and beyond.

Currently the regions officers and I are discussing dates for the 2010 season and after a conference call this week, my plan is to post the available dates for this season

In the meantime, if you have any questions, feel free to contact me via email
Old 03-11-2010, 09:04 AM
pequeajim
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NorthEast IMAC region contest directors and pilots

Bill:

Where do you fly out of? I am thinking of getting back into RC after a 5 year layoff (fly full scale), and would like to try my hand at IMAC. I know quite a lot has changed in the past five years, (especially radios), and would like to get together with some experienced IMAC guys to kick things off.

I have a fair amount left over from my sell out, one being a run twice ZDZ 60 as well as some hardware from my DA50 which I unfortunatly sold the engine. I probably am looking for an airplane to fly that I can put a DA50 on and will sell the ZDZ to get the DA. I will want to talk to a few people about all the "stuff" I have missed out while doing my full scale thing.

Any help is appreciated.
Jim Langley
Old 03-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Phantom Phixer
My Feedback: (3)

Jim

Go to Lebanon this Saturday, check out whats hot, and whats not by what the used aircraft market is at the flea market.

There are occasionally a few good buys, but great place to walk around, ask questions, and check it all out

enjoy

bob
Old 03-11-2010, 07:25 PM
bubbagates

Jim,

Right now I fly at a field in Mechanicsburg, but I know where the club is at the Buck and would be happy to come work with you. I live just outside Elzabethtown

Dang Bob, is it that time for Lebanon already...I did not even realize it[&:]
Old 03-11-2010, 09:10 PM
pequeajim

If you are going to be at Lebanon on Saturday, I will be there in the AM. I am looking for a plane to start practicing for IMAC. Maybe we can talk and you can bring me up to date a little. I hear that some of the planes that I would have selected based on previous experience are not there quality wise any more.

My cell is 717-808-0055
Old 03-12-2010, 09:16 AM
Phantom Phixer

Jim:

If your comment was directed at me, love to meet you and help. The northeast IMAC group is a lot of good people, flying and having fun. Lots of talent, and willing to help. Of course, there are almost as many opinions as members at times, but with the best of intentions.

Of course I'll be there bright and early, Lebanon to modelers is like black Friday to the rest of the population in this neck of the woods.

This could be a good year for deals, lots of people unloading due to hard times.

Make a wish list. Whatever you eventually fly you have to be able to transport, most are flying 2.4 radios, with some fields making that mandatory. Jop Nall will be that way this year. Choose your brand. JR, Futaba, Airtronics, Spectrum.

Motor wise, the hot ticket is of course DA, and with the intro of the 120, its sure to remain that way.

I think the Extra is the most widely used airframe. Be it a 300 or 260 and them maybe the yak

hope this helps you start thinking.

my cell is 732-261-8832. should be there about 8:30

bob
Old 03-12-2010, 09:30 AM
pequeajim

Well, it would be nice to hook up with you and Bill, and get your opinions. I will give you a call tomorrow morning.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:08 AM
bubbagates

Guys,

I cannot make Lebanon. Since I forgot it was this weekend, I made plans with my kids that I will not break since I do not get to see them that much, sorry, but I am just an email or PM away.

You guys have fun.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:25 AM
pequeajim

ORIGINAL: bubbagates

Guys,

I cannot make Lebanon. Since I forgot it was this weekend, I made plans with my kids that I will not break since I do not get to see them that much, sorry, but I am just an email or PM away.

You guys have fun.
Kids are more important Bill.

BOb, I'll call you in the AM at Lebanon...
Old 03-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Phantom Phixer

Jim:

I second Bills comment, enjoy the kids

bob

Bill: look forward to your call
Old 03-17-2010, 01:44 PM
BR289
My Feedback: (106)

ORIGINAL: pequeajim

Bill:

Where do you fly out of? I am thinking of getting back into RC after a 5 year layoff (fly full scale), and would like to try my hand at IMAC. I know quite a lot has changed in the past five years, (especially radios), and would like to get together with some experienced IMAC guys to kick things off.

I have a fair amount left over from my sell out, one being a run twice ZDZ 60 as well as some hardware from my DA50 which I unfortunatly sold the engine. I probably am looking for an airplane to fly that I can put a DA50 on and will sell the ZDZ to get the DA. I will want to talk to a few people about all the ''stuff'' I have missed out while doing my full scale thing.

Any help is appreciated.
Jim Langley
Hey Jim, How have you been? Wondered if you would get back into RC after buying Kerri's plane.....
Blair
Old 03-17-2010, 06:14 PM
pequeajim

Hi Blair.

Yes, I finished Kerry's Rebel and then built an Arion Lightning, see www.jimslightning.com for a pic of it. Sold that due to financial reasons and have been going through airplane withdraw. So, I have decided to start flying rc again.

I have some things left over, so I will sort all that out and see what has changes, then get out and fly.

How have you been?