Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

.70 4 stroke IMAC

Is anyone flying an OS .70 four stroke on an IMAC plane? Its an older surpass II I think.

I was looking at either the Extreme Flight 58" Extra 300 which shows .46-.82 glow or the Aeroworks 60.5" Extra 300. The aeroworks looks to be a little heavier so I think that the Extreme flight bird might be better.

Any other suggestions for this motor? I'm bored with the trainer it's on now and would like something to do IMAC aerobatic routines for fun.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: .70 4 stroke IMAC

Go with the lighter of the two. Because you said you are just coming off a trainer I am going to assume you will be practicing the IMAC basic routine. Your plane should do fine. You don't need "3D" power but some of the fugures will require a bit of extra "oomph".
    K-Bob. The K is silent. \"The only time you can have too much fuel is if you are on fire\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the recommendation. I've got 12 years of RC airplane experience, so I don't fly the trainer anymore the motor is just sitting there. Want to put it on something I can enjoy!

I have been practicing the basic IMAC routines with a (don't laugh!) e-flite F4U corsair foam with a '480' brushless (my flying cooler). Not exactly a trainer, but docile enough that it is always fighting inverted flight and it doesn't have the power to hold uplines long enough to do much. Anything that has a roll on the upline is tough so the humpty bump and both sharkstooth figures are really difficult to pull off, all of the figures require a lot of compensation for the dihedral and other airframe issues. I've also been flying the micro sukhoi XP from parkzone (haha) and that plane is what has really gotten me hooked on the acro and IMAC style flying.

The .70 was on my first trainer from years ago, a Kadet Senior and it was enough power to have plenty of vertical but of course the airframe didn't like to do it and certainly would really fight any flight mode that wasn't straight and level. Had a hard time getting it to really spin too. Now the senior just sits.

I like the sound of that extreme flight, would be nice to find something a bit lighter for the .70 though, so far thats the best I've seen.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If I was you I would spend the money and get at least a 1.20 sized airplane. With the .70 you would have to have an airplane that weighs no more then 5 lbs and around 600 squares of wing. Off the top of my head I can't think of anything at the moment. Here on the west coast you will find that even in basic 80% of your competitors show up with a 40%. In unlimited I usually have the smallest airplane at 33%

Of course it's true, I read it on the Internet.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i would try to get as large of a plane as possilbe to me its like when i got my 1st pair of skates. I used those things around the house and felt great. I then asked to go to a skating rink upon arriving i saw my skates could actuall use a little bit of help. Visit and IMAC event and this will all tie in......
    smooth as silk!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Try This

It's listed under the electric aircraft on Tower but most everyone I know runs nitro on it. I personally have 2 of them, 1 with a Magnum 70 RFS four Stroke and it's a perfect IMAC plane, not overpowered but has plenty of power for some of the manuvers requiring more energy than a 6 pound plane has stored. My other one has a Suoer Tiger G-90 2-stoke and is all out 3D, not worth a cr@p for IMAC but still a lot of fun.

As one of the other posters said though, most all of the IMAC guys in this part of the country are using the 100cc+ Gassers so if you go to an event with this 55.5" plane you can park it under the wings of the others for shade.
    Scott aka Catalinaflyer
    Waco Brotherhood #214

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have a 0s 70 in an great planes rv-4. i was 3º in imac argentina basic 2009. it was the smaller plane in the competition but it flight very well.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Francisco Bessone
    Argentina

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Some great suggestions here, thanks! I like the GP Extra it looks like a great fit for the 0.70 I already have. The RV looks to be similar in size as well. I'm sure I will want something bigger soon, but would like to get my feet wet on a budget.