RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   IMAC (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/imac-88/)
-   -   35% edge for IMAC? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/imac-88/502340-35%25-edge-imac.html)

rcflyer86 01-23-2003 03:22 AM

35% edge for IMAC?

Hey guys. I think I asked this before a while back, but I dont remember getting a good answer. Anyway here goes: My Carden 35% edge will be ready this summer God willing. Will it be a good IMAC ship? I am more into 3D myself, but I plan on doin the sportsman IMAC at some point.
Thanks! :D

ramrod 01-23-2003 06:12 AM

Edge for IMAC !!!!

1 Attachment(s)
:) Hello RCFlyer86, pls look under the 3D postings we have of FUN with AW Edge. The Edge is a great plane for both IMAC and 3D ! I think it excells in 3D , but it is still a real good IMAC plane !
Some of the Extras may be a bit better , but not that much. Our Son Chris (14) won the Sportsman IMAC NE Regional Championship with it and also a good Free Style meet too.
We both like the plane a lot , I think it would do fine even in Unlimited in good hands ! Go for it and have FUN !! Rod & Chris in PA. ;)

Flyfalcons 01-23-2003 06:30 AM

35% edge for IMAC?

There are people competing with just about everything, and you have one of the best setups out there. Just learn to fly the sequences. You don't have to have a 35% to be competitive. The plane doesn't make the pilot.

rcflyer86 01-24-2003 12:26 AM

35% edge for IMAC?

I didn't buy the 35% for IMAC, I bought the 35% for giant scale 3D. Shoot, I have flown the sequenses with my profile.

Flyfalcons 01-24-2003 01:15 AM

35% edge for IMAC?

You have just answered your own question.

rcflyer86 01-24-2003 03:34 AM

35% edge for IMAC?

The only reason I ask is because people say the edge won't stall correctly and you have to "fake stall" it and you get points off for it.

Shortman 01-24-2003 05:27 AM

35% edge for IMAC?

I've heard the 35% Carden Edge as one of the best flying planes out there!

Divesplat 01-24-2003 10:09 AM

35% edge for IMAC?

I had an AW 36%Edge that would elevator down if I allowed it to.

You're talking about the spin, which is only 1 manuever of many. The trick here is to realize every plane stalls at different speeds which, when interpreted correctly DOES NOT mean stopped, but rather, out of fly, if you get the point. When a plane begins to simply fall(elevator) it is stalled.

the trick with an Edge is when this condition occurs, either gently bump a little down or simply let go of the up elevator and the nose should fall, hence, the plane was stalled(ran out of fly) even if moving forward, the break comes when you let go of the elev or gently bump a little down. As the nose falls and "breaks" you begin the spin and required number of rotations.

With my extras the plane will stall, and then the nose will fall or "break" without the additional input.

Remember though, this is only 1 manuever of the sequence, but zero's are ugly also.

Sadly, the entry to spins will be argued till the late hours of the night, without total agreement to it. Best thing is to watch others, ask questions and if possible get advice from local pilots currently flying IMAC or for that matter, Pattern as the requirements are the same and the downgrades are also(except IMAC is a little harsher on deviation)

Ed

rcflyer86 01-25-2003 04:53 PM

35% edge for IMAC?

How did you like that AW 36%? I had one on order, but I canceled my order before it even shipped because I saw a Carden fly and decided I wanted that. They sent it anyway so I had to send it back. I hear from some people that the fly great, and from others that they fly like crap. How did you like yours?