Community
Search
Notices
IRC Racing Support The online retailer for many of your r/c products is available to support RCU members. Click here if you need their help or have a question for them. Hosting this forum will be RADICALJ, RC-BOSS, MINDCRIME and REDCATRACING1.

Welcome IRC Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 07:57 PM
RC-BOSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome IRC Racing

Please check your Diff's and Drive Cups. Sounds like something is slipping.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:20 PM
new-guy

Not to insult IRC or anything, but I think their manufacturing and assembly could be better.

I had a similar problem with my Vulcan SE. If I were you I would check your flywheel. On mine the flywheel was loose and because of that I was not transferring any power to the wheels.

The reason this happened was because when the clutch nut was installed they used an excessive amount of threadlock. This basically made the clutch nut appear to be tight but was not really putting a lot of pressure on the flywheel. with time the Flywheel worked its way loose of the cone washer.

To check for this, try holding the flywheel and then slowly pull the pullstart. If the flywheel doesnt move this is your proble.

To fix: remove clutch nut, scrape off threadlock from threads, clean flywheel and the shaft and the collet, reinstall collet and flywheel, add a drop or thread lock to the clutch nut and reinstall and tighten.
If you dont know how to do this, go to your hobby shop and ask them to do it for you.

Also, if you know what you are doing, remove the heatsink and make sure the piston sleeve is lined up proper in the crank case.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:14 PM
Mindcrime

Thanks for the heads up New-Guy![8D]
Old 11-29-2006, 07:50 AM
Wild Doogie

Good Day,

I have a question about IRC Racing and OPS. Did IRC buy out OPS? If so where can you get parts for the OPS motors?

Thanks, Wild Doogie
Old 12-19-2006, 10:52 AM
Grevo26maxx
Banned

I just got a vulcan as well and I notice the front seal on the motor leaks like a fountain. Is there a way to stop this at all, it makes such a mess and I have never seen one leak this bad. Is that new motor out yet by the way. Doesnt look like anyone posts here on this thing much anymore????????
Old 12-19-2006, 11:06 AM
RC-BOSS

No, IRC did not buy OPS. The IRC Racing Radical Engines are made by OPS.
We may have parts that fit your OPS engine. It depends on which engine you have.
Contact IRC at [email protected] and we will see if we can help.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:28 AM
casualvic

Good day the the IRC connection. To begin, I started the RC craze with the IRC Cyclone, which I love!!!!!!!!!!
reasons why I like it;
1. cheap
2. runs great
3. fast
4 to upgrade the engine from a .15 to a .18 is only 80 bucks!!

The only issue I have is the place were I got it from intenet-rc.com they don't have the parts I need, gas tank, clutch bell, 2 speed gear.... so it's been sitting in my garage for about 8 months!!! I really want to get it up and running. Also, it claims it is a two speed, but I never once heard it change into second gear, if something needs to be adjusted then I'm in for a treat because obviosly I was running it in 1st gear the whole time! let me know about the gear and the parts. What other parts can be compatible with the cyclone? what pipe would be the best power booster? thanks in advance