Community
Search
Notices
IRC Racing Support The online retailer for many of your r/c products is available to support RCU members. Click here if you need their help or have a question for them. Hosting this forum will be RADICALJ, RC-BOSS, MINDCRIME and REDCATRACING1.

Vulcan SE help

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 12:39 AM
XxRustlinxX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vulcan SE help

Recently I received a Vulcan SE from a friend down the street and I started it up but when I give it full throttle it seems to only run at about 5 mph or so.
I don't think it is fully broken in because when I got it, it was still in the box but even so should it be running so slowly?
It seems like something is loose or isn't there.
Also.. could this be a tuning problem? What are good base settings for the carburetor?
Old 08-06-2008, 11:19 AM
nitrovulcnse

Default RE: Vulcan SE help

i doubt it is a tuning prob. it should still go faster than that. check to see if you clutch is sliping mabe. or do you have a stripped gear? sorry thats all i got.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:57 AM
new-guy

Default RE: Vulcan SE help

I had a similar problem.

In my case they put so much threadlock on the clutch nut that it could not be fully tightened. So after a few tanks my flywheel was loose. The end result is that the crankshaft is spinning fast but the flywheel is slipping. Add the clutch to that and you now have a dual clutch system = no power transfer.

To cure this I had to remove the clutch nut, clean the threads and add just a dab of thread lock. Now tighten and your flywheel should be secure.