Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Winter Maintenance

Old 09-20-2010, 03:28 PM
phjoker
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Winter Maintenance

I have a question about what should be done for long term storage Approx 4 months.WINTER!!!!!!!
I know you guys in the south and west don't have to worry about it but up here in the North East we do. I am just jealous you know.
I usually stop flying my turbines around November and don't start flying again till around March or April. Weather permitting of course.
My planes are stored in the garage for the winter months it's like 50-70* depending on if I am working in there or not.
What can I do to keep everything in Tip Top Shape over the winter so I have no problems in the spring?
I know something was posted on here at one time but I can't see, to find it .
Thanks.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:29 AM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Winter Maintenance

Pete:

For long term storage, the obvious is to remove batteries and keep them accessable for monthly maintenance.
For the turbine, we recomment you disconnect the fuel line from the Festo fitting nearest the turbine. Use about 100psi and inject air into the fuel line blowing all kero from the system out the nozzle. You will know when it is clear. Then, using WD40, insert the red tube into the fuel line and inject a good amount of product into the turbine. Then with reduced airpressure of about 20psi give a couple of short blasts so injectors and bearings receive a coating. Then do a fuel pump test and clear all fuel from the pump and solenoids. Remember to either drain UAT or disconnect from fuel pump

That's it !

Cheers,
Eric