Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Bee II ks

Old 12-18-2010, 09:19 AM
thunderchief

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Bee II ks

Does anyone know what the all up weight of the new Bee II ks is? I have seen figures of the engine's weight but not the total weight.
Thanks
Glenn
Old 12-28-2010, 10:08 AM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Bee II ks

Glen:

Excluding the ECU battery. . .the balance of the instal parts weigh 14 oz. Most ECU batteries fall into the 11 to 14 oz range.

BeeII kero start in stock and ready to ship.

Happy New Year,
Eric
Old 01-02-2011, 02:30 PM
thunderchief

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Eric,
Thanks for the information, but from your answer it sounds like the BeeII ks comes without a bettery. I own a Wren 44 and a Jetcat P-60 with kero start and for curiosity I weighed my P-60 battery and it came in at 5.6 oz. It is a two cell 2500 lipo. The 11 to 14 oz figure you quoted seems high? I am trying to get a feel for a comparison between the IQ-Hammer 90 and the BeeII ks. Prices are about the same with the Hammer having an edge on thrust and the BeeII having a better warrantee. Thanks for the info
Glenn
Old 01-03-2011, 09:56 AM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

My oversight. . .We INCLUDE ECU battery with each and every turbine shipped. It is standard.

I just weighed the Duralite 2s2p LiMangenese battery from the shelf; 7.3 oz. The larger LiMangenese pack for Rhino and Mammoth is heavier.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. . .

Happy New Year,
Eric
Old 01-03-2011, 07:45 PM
757Driver
My Feedback: (90)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: thunderchief

Eric,
Thanks for the information, but from your answer it sounds like the BeeII ks comes without a bettery. I own a Wren 44 and a Jetcat P-60 with kero start and for curiosity I weighed my P-60 battery and it came in at 5.6 oz. It is a two cell 2500 lipo. The 11 to 14 oz figure you quoted seems high? I am trying to get a feel for a comparison between the IQ-Hammer 90 and the BeeII ks. Prices are about the same with the Hammer having an edge on thrust and the BeeII having a better warrantee. Thanks for the info
Glenn
Glenn, I don't want to get into a which battery is better war but the benifits of Li-Mag batteries are numerous.
Point two is that most jets are not weight critical.
Third and most important, you will not find any better customer service than Jet Central (Eric Clapp).

I think the Li-Mag's are worth the weight in return for safety and reliability. I believe the one that the BeeII KS comes with is more than the 2500mah capacity and thus explains more of the weight. I hate charging anything at the field and have the 4300mah Li-mags on my two Rabbits. I love the batteries because you simply treat them like a Li-Ion.
I do fly my foamies with Li-Poly so I'm no stranger to them. For jets, with the significant increase in investment, the added responsibility to operate the airplanes safely to include having redundant systems (such as recievers, ect...) the Li-mags are worth the weight and the cost.

I have had many dealings with Eric via other club members as well as on my own behalf and I cannot reccomend him highly enough.

Best wishes with your project whatever you decide.