Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Jet Central Super Eagle

Old 02-08-2011, 09:14 AM
wrp7317
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Jet Central Super Eagle

I'm finishing up a Fei Bao F-86 and I'm ready to drop a turbine in it. The pervious owner flew it on a Jet Cat P-70 at 27 lbs and said it could use more power. I'm considering the Rabbit, but I have the opportunity to buy a Super Eagle with 10 hours on it. My question: would it be too much for the airframe and would I be better off with the Rabbit or a like turbine? I am limited by the amount of fuel that I can carry. I know I can use the left stick/throttle management or de-tune the turbine for better flight times.

How are the Super Eagles holding up? Ive heard that the more hours on them the more service they require. Not sure what this is based on, just what I've heard. Any known issues with the Super Eagle?

Thanks for the replies,

Bobby
Old 02-08-2011, 09:36 AM
powerjets

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jet Central Super Eagle

There is no P-70 doing 27 Lbs..
Old 02-08-2011, 09:41 AM
frothingslosh
My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Bobby -

If you decide on the Super eagle, I have just the engine you need. My Supper Eagle just recently came back from the shop where it received crash repairs. It has 4 or 5 hours on it, and Jet Central has done a super job on the repairs, including new bearings. Looks just like it did when I purchased it less than 2 years ago. Comes complete in the original case, and everything just as I received it new. Includes repair invoice with complete list of replacement parts.

If interested, drop me a PM and we can discuss.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:05 AM
wrp7317

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The F-86 weighs 27 lbs ready to fly.[X(]

Old 02-08-2011, 02:26 PM
sailing1
My Feedback: (134)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Bobby,
I have owned the Super Eagle and flown it in a heavy Boomerang XL. Great turbine and as far as I know there are no problems with the Super Eagle holding up to long term use. I currently own and fly a Rabbit in my Flash and a Cheetah in a AD F16. The Rabbit is a piece of work and I cannot say enough good things about it. Haven't got a lot of time on the Cheetah but it looks to be every bit as good as the Rabbit.

The Rabbit may be just the ticket for you. All of the new ones are Kero start and are rated at 20 lbs thrust. If you are compairing this to the P70 you mentioned, the Rabbit will put out 2.5 lbs more thrust or an improvement of 15% over the P70. Also, the same plane with the Rabbit would be about a pound lighter and use a little less fuel so you would gain all around. On the other hand, you could dial the Super Eagle down and still have a thrust to weight ratio of close to 1:1 and probably not use much more fuel than the Rabbit.

I don't think you have a losing scenario with either turbine.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:10 AM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: wrp7317

I'm finishing up a Fei Bao F-86 and I'm ready to drop a turbine in it. The pervious owner flew it on a Jet Cat P-70 at 27 lbs and said it could use more power. I'm considering the Rabbit, but I have the opportunity to buy a Super Eagle with 10 hours on it. My question: would it be too much for the airframe and would I be better off with the Rabbit or a like turbine? I am limited by the amount of fuel that I can carry. I know I can use the left stick/throttle management or de-tune the turbine for better flight times.

How are the Super Eagles holding up? Ive heard that the more hours on them the more service they require. Not sure what this is based on, just what I've heard. Any known issues with the Super Eagle?

Thanks for the replies,

Bobby

P-70 with 27 lbs..... That's one bad **** !!!!!!! You must have a Nitrous button !!!!

Danno
Old 02-12-2011, 04:55 PM
wrp7317

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Go back and read all posts for this thread. The jet weighed 27 lbs and was flying on a P-70.