Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

RPM sensor

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 10:37 AM
hyperdyne
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RPM sensor

Does anyone have info on the type of RPM sensor used? I am basically looking for any information on the signal delivered by the RPM sensor to the ECU via the cable.

Old 04-05-2011, 03:49 PM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: RPM sensor

hyperdyne:

Not sure of your intent here, however if you can advise what you are trying to accomplish, we may be in position to help. Do you have issues with your turbines.??

If this will help, based on what I see with my tried and trusted O'scope, it is an "analogue signal of sinusoidal shape".

Regards,
Eric
Old 04-06-2011, 02:20 PM
hyperdyne

My turbines are working so far (still need to test out the new ECU)!

Actually I am trying to prototype up a flameout alert circuit. I was thinking of tapping into the rpm signal if it was big enough to discern without extra amplification needed.

If its sinusoidal, I can most likely bring it into an analog pin and chop it with a comparator. What voltage levels do you see?

I am assuming the rpm sensor picks up one rotation of the entire wheel or are there more than one pulse per revolution?

I only need to know rough rpm, figuring 150k rpm is about a 2400Hz sine wave each rotation. That is doable to measure accurately but I am not sure if there are any other scalars for converting frequency from the sensor to actual rpm.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:45 AM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Hyperdyne:

The way we will recommend is: the easy way to detect a flameout without compromising the ECU function is to connect in parallel to solenoid switch. As soon as the ECU detects a flameout, it will close the fuel valve.

Regards,
Eric

Old 04-07-2011, 03:24 PM
hyperdyne

Eric, that is a good idea. That does sound much easier. Could you tell me the voltage put into the solenoid? I think I will try and use an opto to isolate the circuit and tap off of that.