Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

High voltage

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 10:06 PM
rcguy59
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default High voltage

I want to use all "high-voltage" servos on my current turbine project. This will mean a 2S LiPo RX battery. Since the ECU sees RX battery voltage, my question is this: Can the ECU tolerate 2S LiPo voltage (unregulated) coming from the RX, or do I need a regulator between the RX and the ECU? I have the AU-605 ECU and the turbine is a SuperBee. Thanks.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:19 AM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: High voltage

rcguy59

I suggest using 2s2p configuration to insure redundancy although 2s is perfectly OK. . I would purchase at least 3000 mAh with a 25c rating. As for the Rx to ECU. You must check with the brand radio manufacturer to determine if you must regulate the V to the Rx. Voltage out from Rx to ECU will not be an issue. No nead to regulate ECU battery if using 2s2p configured batteries.

Regards,
Eric
Old 11-27-2011, 12:50 PM
rcguy59
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, Eric.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:45 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

That is a relief. I am putting all HV servos in my new plane and had the same question.