Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Rhino fuel/oil ratio

Old 06-11-2011, 05:35 PM
FenderBean

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Rhino fuel/oil ratio

The book says 2.5-5.0 percent oil per 5 gallons which should I use. I was thinking about just using 5. More oil for bearing lube right? Will hurt anything? Also I will be using JP8, which is the army version of jet A-1 for fuel and 0-156 oil which is royco 500
Old 06-12-2011, 03:41 AM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Rhino fuel/oil ratio

Manual states 2.5% oil ratio. That is 1/2 quart per 5 gallons of kero or Jet A. If using Mobil DTE lite, the ratio is 5% or one quart to 5 gallons. We have tested and use BP 2180 and 2197. Any purpose mfg, turbine oil is acceptable. We have no knowledge of royco 500.

This requirement is for all turbines we manufacture with exception of the Turbo Prop which requires 5 % or one quart to 5 gallons of kero or Jet A

If using Jet A, no need for prist. . .waste of money and serves no purpose.

Thanks for the question

Eric
Old 06-12-2011, 09:02 AM
FenderBean

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

well my manual on the Rhino stat 2.5-5.0% ratio but I will use 2.5% if thats what the manufacture recommends the turbine oil was talkng about is military spec I will just buy a can of what you stated
Old 06-12-2011, 09:25 AM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Feel free to use 5%. . .one quart to 5 gallons. No issue and no problem doing so. As I stated, 2.5% is all we require. Some customers use 3% and are happy with the performance. Some use and have used 2.5% for years. Again, no issue. Knock yourself out. . .pour that gold in there !

I will have turbine oil for sale at Kentucky for $10 per quart. Only 4 cases available.

Thanks,
Eric
Old 06-12-2011, 06:02 PM
FenderBean

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Woot I will pick some up there save two cans please Eric. Looks like I will starting my rhino for the first time Tuesday I am looking forward to it.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:56 AM
storrie23

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: BluFox

Manual states 2.5% oil ratio. That is 1/2 quart per 5 gallons of kero or Jet A. If using Mobil DTE lite, the ratio is 5% or one quart to 5 gallons. We have tested and use BP 2180 and 2197. Any purpose mfg, turbine oil is acceptable. We have no knowledge of royco 500.

This requirement is for all turbines we manufacture with exception of the Turbo Prop which requires 5 % or one quart to 5 gallons of kero or Jet A

Thanks for the question

Eric
Royco 500 is the oil used and recommended in the full size L-39 engine, the Russians recommend it to be used in the AT-25 turbine.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:59 PM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: storrie23

ORIGINAL: BluFox

Thanks for the question

Eric
Royco 500 is the oil used and recommended in the full size L-39 engine, the Russians recommend it to be used in the AT-25 turbine.

I Don't own either one !!!..... I'll use DTE Light 5%, thank you very much.. There's never a Russian around when you need one !!!!

Dan