Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet
Reload this Page >

Ceramic ignitor question for Eric. (or anyone)

Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Ceramic ignitor question for Eric. (or anyone)

Old 09-20-2012, 04:52 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ceramic ignitor question for Eric. (or anyone)

Hi Guys,

I recently had a falcon come back from you guys, and on it's return it had a very nice "Igniter" installed. When it was sent... It had a regular glowplug.

Anyway... I finally got around to making a few test starts on the bench, and everything was great. It started, and ran fine... and I had 3 successful "Starts". But I did notice that the voltage was set to 8v in the ECU for the plug. I was under the impression that they were a 6v device. Obviously, the ECU was set-up by you guys... and there isn't an issue. I just wanted to make sure this was right.

Finally... Thanks to everyone at JC for their SUPPER customer support. Anyone looking at a JC engine should know that Eric's willingness to help out, goes WAY over and beyond any company I've dealt with.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:35 AM
k12rc

Default RE: Ceramic ignitor question for Eric. (or anyone)

Tony I put the plugs in my two falcons if I remember correctly eric told me to max the glow plug out my super eagle setting is 15v it came that way
keith
Old 09-20-2012, 07:10 AM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Tony:

Thank you for your question. . .and your compliments.

Now for the glow plug (igniter) setting for your ECU. Your glow plug value has been pre set at the factor for optimum operation with a charged ECU battery. for clarification, some software versions have a number value for the glow plug which goes up to 255; 250 being the optimum setting for proper operation of the igniter.
YOURS is the latest software which uses voltage values. Again, yours is set to 8v as it was determine during tests, this value was best. 15V is the max, but there is no reason to increase for better performance.

A check on the igniter performance can be viewed by simply looking up the tail nozzle during the 8 second preheat phase of the start cycle. You will easily see the bright orange of the igniter.

Enjoy. . .

All the best,
Eric
Old 09-20-2012, 07:31 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Great.

As I said... there wasn't a prob, I've just never dealt with an igniter before, and I want to make sure it was right.

Thanks again for the help !! Now I just have to get it mounted, and fly it in something. (lol) I guess it will be my winter project.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:43 PM
Sparhawk

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My falcon starts perfectly since Eric sent my upgraded Ecu back with a new ceramic igniter.
It's too bad it can't be converted to run diesel... Just need to find a cheaper source of bulK kero.

DanDan