Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Eagle temp problem !

Hi I have a problem with an eagle ! The temp when I switch on is saying approx 135 rather than the 9 that it is ! I have just put a new thermocouple on and it says exactly the same so I am guessing it has to be an ecu issue ! Obviously it says cooling and wont allow a start !Anyone had this happen or any advice ! Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Eagle temp problem !

Hope someone with more knowledge of the ecu, whatever version you have, replies to you. I have a feeling it could be to do with the calibration of the probe but not sure where that parameter is situated in your ecu menu or even if it is accessible without an unlock code.

Thanks ! It's a little odd in that when you remove the thermocouple from the port it drops to the preset 8 deg ! The temp probe does work when heat is applied all be it 120 over what it should be !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If it's one of Gasper's ECU's (xicoy)... it should go to 0 degrees if the temp probe is unplugged.

But, I'm sure Eric will chime in soon.
    Tony

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I realize that this is an old thread, but what is the fix? I am having the problem now. It is 65 F outside and my HDT is reading 120 C.

warpsflyer:

Confirmed with engineering the thermo-probe (EGT) is most likely grounded out. It is acting as it should when this occurs. Email me your turbine serial number and complete shipping address.
    When forming the curves of the new EGT, DO NOT USE ANY DEVICE OR TOOL WITH SHARP EDGES. . .Use only round items like the shaft of a screwdriver, drill bit, dowel etc.

Eric